Hello fellow Mopar owners.

-

Dodgeman

Reaction score
My name is Jeff and we have a '67 fastback Barracuda we drag race at the local 1/8 mile tracks in the midsouth.

My son is the driver, and started driving in in the 7.50 index class at the famous George Rays Dragstrip in Paragould, AR.

It currently has a wedge in it and is running 6.50's but we have a hemi on the stand, just got our heads back from Jeff at Modern and hope to have it in the car when our season starts.

We also have the www.MidsouthRacers.com message board where we have all the local tracks in the area listed and it provides folks in this area a central place to keep up with what is going on in this area racing wise.

Yall have a great site here and glad to be part of it.

I will try to get some pictures of our ole car up later.

Headed to the visitation for Mr. George Ray. A sad few days in the Midsouth.

RIP George

Hi Jeff! Welcome aboard on great site with fine folks!

John

Welcome dodgeman.

Be sure to post some pics of that car, and the big ol hemi.

Nothin like a hemi barracuda.

Hi Jeff ! Welcome top the best show on Earth !!!!!! (wow now thats a standard we have to stand up to)..

Enjoy !

-RPM

My name is Jeff and we have a '67 fastback Barracuda we drag race at the local 1/8 mile tracks in the midsouth.

My son is the driver, and started driving in in the 7.50 index class at the famous George Rays Dragstrip in Paragould, AR.

It currently has a wedge in it and is running 6.50's but we have a hemi on the stand, just got our heads back from Jeff at Modern and hope to have it in the car when our season starts.

We also have the www.MidsouthRacers.com message board where we have all the local tracks in the area listed and it provides folks in this area a central place to keep up with what is going on in this area racing wise.

Yall have a great site here and glad to be part of it.

I will try to get some pictures of our ole car up later.

Headed to the visitation for Mr. George Ray. A sad few days in the Midsouth.

RIP George
Welcome Dodgeman :notworth: Thank you for all you have dun for George :salute:
Your flower arrangement was soo nice.
Thank you for jumping in :thumbrig:, The track info and your input will sure be helpful =D>
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some great folks to.
I am sure if there is anything you would like to know about what I am up to it will be here :rock:
Jump on in and enjoy

Do you have the white Barracuda with the big MOPAR in blue on it?

I will be the first to ask for pictures :wav:

Not!!cudaspaze jumped in first looks like

NO!!! Looks like DRENA ask first

Memike, you mean this arrangement?

DSCF3918-1.jpg

Welcome to FABO, Jeff. You're going to have fun here.
Keep us updated with pics as you're putting that nasty Hemi in your good-looking Barracuda.

I had Jeff at Modern Cylinder Heads in Michigan CNC them.

He did them for me for a good price and also did the valve job.

I have the flow sheet on them and at .700 lift they're flowing 415 or so. He can get 4.30's out of some of these, these are not the best hemi heads out there, they are just Mopar Performance heads, but they should run ok, or we hope they do.

Slowly getting a little closer to having all the parts.

All this time spent on this engine and it probably won't even fall out of a well. :-* [L]

Here is what they look like now.
DSCF3891.jpg

DSCF3892.jpg

The combustion chamber, he cut the lip out of them which is said to be 20 HP.
DSCF3885.jpg

Here is the intake side with the flash light shining in it.
DSCF3884.jpg

Another one without the light.
DSCF3881.jpg

Here is the exhaust side.
DSCF3886.jpg

Notice the bushing on the intake for the push rod, when they CNC them it cuts into the pushrod hole and they put a brass tube in there.
DSCF3887.jpg

Here is the tube on the cover side with the epoxy around it.
DSCF3890.jpg

-
Back