Hello from Kansas

-

ElephantKiller

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Aaron. I'm live in Hutchinson, Ks. Hutch is about 45 min. Northwest of Wichita.

My current project and long standing project is a 1973 Duster that I bought my sophmore year in college. It blew a front pump seal on the transmission my junior year, so I figured it was a good time as any to start the restoration. That was back in 2003, like I said "long standing".

Between school, getting married, and work I didn't have much time to work on the car. I'm finally getting back to working on her.

I'm building the 340 that was in the car when I bought it. I am planning on putting a set of Magnum heads on top, purple shaft cam, and 340 Torker II intake. An A727 sits behind the engine equipped with a TCI Saturday Night Special torque converter, four sprag planetary, and B&M Shift Kit. It's spinning a 8 3/4 rear set up with a 3.91 Sure Grip center section.

I look forward to getting help from the forum, and maybe helping a few guys out.

Thanks

Welcome...

Your in the right place. I've been on for about a Month now, and am in total awe of the knowledge here on FABO.... If you get a chance post a pic of your project, always like seeing other A Bodies....

Pat

I'm working on getting some pics up. I hopefully will get them up tonight. Fair warning, she's in pieces.

Hello Aaron, welcome to FABO. I believe we have another Hutchinson, KS. member that goes by Hutchfish. He might be your neighbor, small world, huh?

Finally got the pictures of the Duster. Like I said, it is very in process, but I guess you gotta start some where.

Duster 001.jpg

Duster 003.jpg

Duster 004.jpg

Duster 005.jpg

Duster 002.jpg

Duster 008.jpg

Duster 011.jpg

Duster 009.jpg

Duster 010.jpg

Hey didn't I see a picture of that car in a magizine being unloaded from a trailer? It is a very good starting point to start from with disc brakes spool type motor mounts and all

welcome Aaron.
Nice nice project you have going.
Keep us updated on your next move.
And always enjoy the time you get to spend on her.

It's been a while since I posted on here. I have actually purchased a house in Newton, Ks and moved. I've got a larger garage now and the Duster has made some drastic changes from the previous pictures. The front clip has been removed down to the inner fenders. The engine is done and ready to drop in.

I haven't had much time to work on the girl, the wife and I are getting ready for a new addition to the family. I'm ready to throw some primer on the inner fenders and with the wife being pregnant and my garage attatched to the house, I didn't think it would be a good idea putting fumes in the air.

I'll see if I can't get some pics.

P.S. I don't think the car has been in any mags, there wouldn't be much to show. But I can't be for sure, she has been moved around a bit.

Aaron

-
Back