Hello from Langley, BC

-

Yellow66

Reaction score
Hi,
Just joined (and posted my first question). I've referenced this site for information a few times and figured it was time to join all the great folks here sharing the joy that our A-bodies give! Mine is a yellow 66 Barracuda /6 auto - purchased brand new by my parents in early 1967 (in Victoria BC), and given to me in the mid 80's. It's been repainted once (poorly, by a "friend" of my father) and is otherwise almost entirely stock (I have all of the trim that's missing from the photo, and it looks almost new); 106,000 miles, and I was sitting in the car for a lot of them! Never an accident, but alas the North West can be hard on sheet metal, so I have had to deal with some rust.

I also have a 1965 Valiant Signet (Dart GT for my friends south of the 49th parallel). It's also /6 auto but has the floor shifter and power steering; white interior on gold exterior - quite an eye catching combination. I've had this one for 20 years, but may not have it much longer... someone who is interested in restoring it may be coming to check it out. Nevertheless, it's a wonderful car and I thought I'd include it!

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something worthwhile... in the meantime, thanks to all all of you for creating and maintaining such a wonderful community of enthusiasts!

P7144448.JPG

P6125847 (2).jpg

Welcome to FABO from Lethbridge, Alberta!
Good story and great cars you have there.
I'm originally from Cranbrook,B.C. so i hear you on the rust issues!
Good luck, and maybe start a build thread on here when you get the resto going............

Goodmorning from Edson Alberta,

Some nice cars there and welcome to the site. Corrosion sure can be an issue for those of us here in Canada.

Dartnut, my in laws live in Coaldale. We should meet for coffee next time I'm down. Just bought a 73 360 at Picture Butte.

Welcome !
Cool that you have the baracuda still !!

Goodmorning from Edson Alberta,

Some nice cars there and welcome to the site. Corrosion sure can be an issue for those of us here in Canada.

Dartnut, my in laws live in Coaldale. We should meet for coffee next time I'm down. Just bought a 73 360 at Picture Butte.
I would be happy to meet up with you when you are in town next time.
(Or any other FABO member)
Just p.m. me and i will give you my contact information.

Welcome to the party from a fellow Lower Mainlander!!! :canada:

-
Back