Hello from NH

-

osmium

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a very long term A-Body owner.

I have owned a few drag cars('66 Dart GT, '69 Valiant 100, '70 Duster) and a whole host of other A bodies.

I mostly run dragbikes, but I do haul the Duster to New England Dragway(NED) a few times per year.

I have owned the Duster since 1990. I bought it at NED after the former owner pulled some ridiculous wheelstands and proceeded to run 10 teens on a sweltering August day. I drooled on the car and he told me it was for sale. The negotiated price was better than fair, and I gave him a deposit on the spot with the balance pending a motor teardown for inspection purposes. I had the car back at the house in less than a week.

The car is pretty much as I bought it. I still run the W2 headed 345" motor backed by an A-833 replete with Holley Pro Dominator tunnel tam and 660 Holley center squirters. Everyone thought it was a big block, me included, but no. It was just a really potent(for 1990) small block that was expertly executed.

Thanks for having me. I know next to nothing about current stuff, but I know a couple of things about the older stuff. I wrench on lots of different stuff. Mostly Mopars, but a few Chevys as well.

If anyone wants to say hello next year, I can usually be found at NED pitted with those evil bike people. I run two bikes. One is a blue and white turbocharged GSX-R1000, and the other is a red and white BMW S1000RR. I used to go four days per week, but now I feel fortunate to make it three weekends per month. The Duster is a non-Mopar dark green. It looks sort of fast, with a pro stock scoop, narrowed Dana, 14 x 32s, and lots of lightweight junk :) Lots of Dzus fasteners.

I am off to add to the big 10 second thread.

Welcome aboard this great site :steering::steering: memike from northeast Arkansas here :popcorn: jump on in and enjoy :thumbsup:

Bring it on brother, welcome to our humble site!! Glad to have you with us!! We must see this Duster, and your bikes too!! I think you'll find that we like just about anything with wheels around here!!

-
Back