Hello from NJ

-

sjmopar

Reaction score
Hey everyone! This is a great site. Been lurking around here for a while getting some great info so I thought it was time to say hi. Been into mopars since the early 80's, I have a 73 Challenger that I've had for about 6 yrs and this Swinger I just picked up last spring. It's a 1970 with a stock /6. 130k miles but still runs great. It was original owner, garage kept so it's in great shape, especially for this area. Spent the summer thoroughly cleaning it up, new carpets, bumpers, rear springs, wider rims/tires, and added the scoops (sorry to the purists... but I always loved those scoops). Would love to drop in a small block at some point but for now the /6 will have to do. I'm lucky to be in an area with a large group of awesome mopar people, some really great guys. Abodyjoe and DJVcuda have been a big help getting the Dart to where it is now.

Unfortunately the cars are now packed for the winter but I took these shots of the Dart a week ago.

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

Nice looking ride you have there. Welcome aboard.

Welcome sjmopar!! Glad you decided to jump in and enjoy this great site.
Sounds like you have couple good guys backing you.:notworth:
And that is one fine swinger!! good job on the dog dish caps and color.
and the scoops are a must:thumblef:

Thanks Guys! Car is a blast to cruise around, and even gets decent mileage which is a change. Lol.

post a couple pics of your chally...

wait till you guys see sjmopar's challenger... its a sweet *** car....

Goood.... Another mopar in Jersey.:notworth: We should have a mopar hangout just for a-bodys in Jersey. What do you think?:thumblef: Maybe have it somewhere in central area? Think it over......Rick
P.S. Very nice dart........

Goood.... Another mopar in Jersey.:notworth: We should have a mopar hangout just for a-bodys in Jersey. What do you think?:thumblef: Maybe have it somewhere in central area? Think it over......Rick

i see your from jackson.. do you know ray with the red 69 dart and the black 64 valiant?

Abodyjoe.....No, i dont know him. I might have seen his car at the local meet at Lowes in Howell. Thanks Rick

Abodyjoe.....No, i dont know him. I might have seen his car at the local meet at Lowes in Howell. Thanks Rick

oh ok.. just wondering because he is from the jackson area... heres his two cars.. if you see him around say hey. he is a good guy.

DSC00099.JPG

DSC02700.JPG

abodyjoe....Yes i saw the valiant at the six flags outlet. Its very clean and in good condition. I will tell him hi for you......Thanks Rick

Thanks! It does get some looks. I think the color helps. Funny, 2 minutes after I bought it I had 3 different people come up to me and ask me about it, and that's when it had whitewalls and sagging springs.

did you find that car on craigslist for about 3500?

Yep, in PA. Was an estate sale. I was saving up to do some work on the Challenger but I couldn't pass it up, love at first sight. Lol.

Here's a pic of my 73 Challenger 318, had it for about 6 years now.

IMG_1870.jpg

I have an A-Body and a B-Body to ad to the list of Jersey Mopars
My 68 GTS and my 63 Polara 500
Ed
carpar-1.jpg

Nice swinger and welcome. hey now that I think about it I work for a company headquartered in Trenton, yea that's right.

Terry

U will have fun here. Feel like I need to be a newbie again, been awhile! Have fun.
Rich
:drinkers:
:wav:

Nice 63!!!!!! Nice Challenger!!!!!......SO...... Does anyone in Jersey want a Mopar car meet? I would do most of the work.If the feedback is good. Rick

A mopar meet would be interesting, to see the turnout of cars.
A-Body Joe usually advertises for the Mopar Car-B-Que in the summer
Ed

Thanks again!

A get together might be cool, there sure are enough of us in the area. No Car-B-Que last year, not sure about next. Think it might be on a temporary hold.

-
Back