Hello From Ontario, Cananda!

-

73Duster422

Reaction score
It would have been great to have found a site like F.A.B.O. 18 years ago when I started wrenching on my 73 Duster.
Hope to meet some new people here and share some experiences. Great site!

Duster340 mod.jpg

Well better late than never, welcome from the other side of Canada :-D

Welcome !! Nice to have another sweet Duster on board. Ya if this site was around 19 years ago when I started on mine I might have saved myself alot of greif..... lol.... now we can speak from ecxperience to those just starting. Let them know... how not to do something. HA HA

Enjoy !

-RPM

Welcome aboard, nice Duster. There's a few members on here that are within an hour drive. See you at Moparfest.

All the best,

I am just north of you in Cookstown, I have not seen that car around, what cruises do you go to?
I tend to hit Aurora, Bradford and the two in Barrie.
Welcome to the group.
AL

Welcome aboard from the sticks of Tennessee!! Beautiful Duster ... it looks like those years without FABO were well spent. Congrats on finding the best Mopar site there is -- we're glad to have you here.

Wow, Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm sure I've met some of you before. "pettybludart" told me about this site when he came over to buy some 8-3/4 axle parts I had for his new Dart Project. Special thanks to him! I'll try to reply to most of the questions in this post. Here's a bit of background of me and the Duster. I bought the car for $600 as an insurance "write off". I was still in high school at the time. High school, is actullay where I found my first part. I needed a
passenger side door. Somebody was driving an old Duster as a winter beater. I swapped doors with this guy in a snow storm in the school parking lot. This is when I became aware that I was into this hobby for the long haul. With 5 years of grinding, welding, painting, blood, sweat, and tears, it was on the road.

-Originally a 340 auto. Y1 paint code.

Car specs: (currently)
-360 Block (police inerceptor)
-TRW flat top forged pistons
-Aluminum Heads RPM's
-comp cam 280H

-727 Trans.
-10" SMR converter
-reverse patern valve body
-Gear Vendors O.D. bolted on the tail stock
-8.25" Rear end
-3.55 sure grip
-SSBC rear disc conversion
-Aluminum Wheels
-A.R. Torq Thrust 2 Wheels (15"x7"Fr. and 16"x8"Rear)
-Fiber Glass Bumpers

-Best 1/4 mile
-12.7 @ 104mph (through the flowmasters)

This project never ends!
Thanks,
Mark

dusterDay1_1.jpg

dusterNewQuater.jpg

dusterPrepaint.jpg

dusterFreshPaint.jpg

I am just north of you in Cookstown, I have not seen that car around, what cruises do you go to?
I tend to hit Aurora, Bradford and the two in Barrie.
Welcome to the group.
AL

I generally get out to the Bradford show a couple times a year. I'll cya there next year!

Mark

WoW!So that,s your Duster,I did,nt get to see it when I was up your way.I remember mentioning the site.Your right about wishing this site was around 20 years ago,I probably would have got into Mopars earlier.I,m just waiting on my axels so I can get the rear in.I ended up buying a new Auburn s.g.I had finally had it with buying the used ones.Nobody is gonna sell a good s.g for cheap.Lesson learned,here,s a pic. of the rear getting ready for install.Hope to see ya at the track this year.Nice times!Oh yeah,do you have any decent center caps layin around?If so PM me.Thanks.Scott

trim 026.jpg

-
Back