Hello from Overseas

-

JayBe

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Jörg and I live in Germany.
A few years ago I fulfilled my dream of owning a classic American V8 and was more or less accidentally infected with the Mopar virus in form of a 68 Dart.
Since then I have been reading a lot here and have gathered a lot of valuable information (e.g. front end rebuild, tune up, ..).
After work and spending time with our two small children, I enjoy my limited free time in a quiet garage. I think that's what keeps me mentally stable ;)
So this hobby saves me from expensive therapy sessions. At least that's my argument to justify the Mopar surcharge on parts, especially here overseas

Thx to everyone for this valuable community
J
dart_loaded.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Texas, that's a nice looking 68 tell us more about it.

Welcome. I lived near Frankfurt Germany for three years (1981-84) while I was in the USAF. Germany was a beautiful place, there was always something to do, and the German people were so friendly.

Hello everyone,

A few years ago I fulfilled my dream of owning a classic American V8 and was more or less accidentally infected with the Mopar virus in form of a 68 Dart.
Since then I have been reading a lot here and have gathered a lot of valuable information (e.g. front end rebuild, tune up, ..).
After work and spending time with our two small children, I enjoy my limited free time in a quiet garage. I think that's what keeps me mentally stable ;)
So this hobby saves me from expensive therapy sessions. At least that's my argument to justify the Mopar surcharge on parts, especially here overseas

J
View attachment 1716301786
I thought it was therapy also but . . . Good luck with the car as many helpful members plus resources are here.

Patience is the main key to bliss, plus youth.
Jeff

Hello everyone,

J
Nice find on the Dart, looks great and will be a worthy project or just leave it as it is, Looks great!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!
I bought it as a running car with full stock appearance, freshly registered in Germany after import from California.
With some help from the local Mopar community I fixed some flaws with the kickdown-Linkage, timing, tranny, suspension etc. , all while staying a running car.

A Youtube Guy from Australia recently "swiped" over the car while at the German Mopar Nationals. Maybe you can find it..but the granny wheel caps are done

Hallo Jörg,

Cool Dart! Wo in Deutschland bist Du? Ich bin in der Nähe von Frankfurt aufgewachsen und in Braunschweig zur Uni gegangen.

Schöne Grüsse aus Los Angeles, Steve

Hello everyone,

J
Welcome from the Southern (Arkansas) United States! Just a beautiful car. You will have to keep us posted on your progress.you will be amazed at the knowledge and willingness to share it here on this Forum. The Mopar sickness is real we can all assure you!
Prost

Welcome aboard, I enjoyed our Members from Germany, you all have great skills from what I have seen in body repair, steal work off the charts

Nice lookin car and a great way to get infected. It's even green.....call it "Infection". LOL

-
Back