Hello from South Carolina

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently embarked on a journey to help my grandfather. He's finally passed on the torch for a car he's owned since the late 90's and unfortunately wasn't able to complete due to health issues. He finally agreed to let me finish the car, 1971 Plymouth Duster 340, and I'm currently full steam ahead trying to get this finished so he can hopefully enjoy it with me while he's still able. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions and look forward to learning and seeing everyone's projects and progress. Thanks for having me!

IMG_6780.JPG

IMG_6779.JPG

Nice car..glad to have you on site..not many of us from SC on here...71 duster is my fav....reach out if ya need help...

:welcome: from :canada:

Great project and I hope you are able to get it done while your grandfather can still enjoy it and have some fun.
Thanks! I sure hope so, He'll be 91 this October and he hasn't lost his passion. He was out there this past Saturday for 4 hours with me while I worked on it. The goal was to be finished by Fathers day for a big car show here but looks like we'll miss that mark, but we'll keep trucking!

Thanks! I sure hope so, He'll be 91 this October and he hasn't lost his passion. He was out there this past Saturday for 4 hours with me while I worked on it. The goal was to be finished by Fathers day for a big car show here but looks like we'll miss that mark, but we'll keep trucking!
Sounds awesome, excellent goal to have.

Nice lookin' 71. You don't see too many white ones around. Will you be putting any side stripes on it? Are you restoring it to stock? Great to see your gramps still passionate and working on it. That's such quality time spent with him.

Thank you! We are restoring to stock condition. Per the option tag it did come with black side strips with the 340 call out and the transverse rear stripes in black. I'd love to know the color production breakdown. I know for 71 they only made 12,886 340 Dusters, just not sure how many came white. Has some nice options too, rallye gauges, remote drivers side mirror and such.

Excellent looking platform to start with!!! I'm not a body guy so always appreciate a good shell in pieces, more than a running driver dragging the quarter panels behind it :p great bunch of guys here to get help from!

-
Back