Hello from Southamerica

-

V8Torrent

Reaction score
Hello Everybody, my name is Ricardo, and I live in Santiago, capital city of Chile in Southamerica.

I entered this forum as I have started a new project, a 1973 plymouth Scamp.

I've been around "old cars" since early age as my father has a small collection of cars, restored -mostly- by himself. This little collection includes a 1927 Model T Ford, a couple Model A Fords, a 1930 Chrysler 66 Roadster, a 1946 Dodge Business Coupe and some other newer cars.

I started my own projects 12 years ago with a 1974 Camaro which I still own. I've modified it to the 1970 Rally Sport Camaro looks, I have some projects waiting for their time like a 1960 Chrysler Windsor and a 1958 Impala Coupe. The Windsor has a 383RB engine but the transmission is gone, I once bought the correct transmission for the car at ebay, but the seller send me a totally different aluminum case one from a motorhome or something (might be a 727), so until I find a transmission, that project will not start.

My "newest" toy is the Scamp, bought it from a friend who started the project (and did nasty things to the car). I'm falling in love with this car looks. I will start with a Slant six engine and a 3 speed manual transmission from a 1970 Dart which a friend is selling me very cheap, but will see if the future gives me a V8 engine for this car.

I will start reading the forum for information about this car as I really don't know much. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The car is very complete, interior will need a good refreshment and sadly missing all exterior emblems.

Previous owner had adapted a 283 chevy engine and th350 transmission. In order to do this, he really did nasty things to the car, which I'm trying to fix now. The chevy engine is gone.

This is a pic from last week.

5833803013_40a7809e6f.jpg

Welcome to FABO from Southern California (SoCal). You're going to have fun here!
Lot's of great people to answer any questions you may have.
THANK YOU for getting rid of that bowtie motor and trans the prior owner of your Scamp put in it. Non-Mopar motors have no business being put in Mopars! What was he thinking?
Post up some pics of your, and your dads, other Mopars. We all love to see pics. Also keep posting pics of your Scamp project as you progress with it.

Welcome to FABO from the great white north.
It looks like you have a great project car there, keep us updated on the project as you do more to it, and post lots of pics.
I love the color!
Tom.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I don't have many pics of the other cars around, for now I will put some very old ones. I promise to get better ones soon.

Dad's Roaster (many years ago, work in progress)
5843188998_a0be66a8d6.jpg

Dad's Business Coupe
5842643899_a2b41c6ce9.jpg

Windsor as I got it. (many parts inside the trunk)
5843188856_3f0cc04696.jpg

5843188920_de1d36a47d.jpg

Non Mopar

My Camaro
5786930930_edd53d128b.jpg

Dad's Model A
5843224794_672deb0062.jpg

Will add more later.

WelcomeTorrent, you'll find lots of excellent people and advice here so enjoy. As luck would have it I was in your beautiful country about 6 yrs. ago working at a pulp mill for Arauco in Constitucion. Great people and excellent workers, I was there as a Service Rep. installing a steam turbine generator to replace a couple old units. Needless to say I was very disturbed to learn of the destruction from the major earthquake and tsanumi that almost wiped out the entire town and killed alot of people. My condolences for any loved ones you may have lost and wish you good luck in the future. On a happier note we all enjoyed the hell out of your excellent red wines while in country.

Here's a picture of me and the buds.

Attachments

• turbine generator I was there to install.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 182
Welcome from Texas.
We fly almost the same flag.
Really like the cars,please post more pictures
TXDart

Thanks again everybody for the warm welcome, I will post more pics soon (maybe in a more suitable section of the forum).

Demon Seed, thanks for the message, me and my Family were lucky enough not to lose anybody close with the earthquake and tsunami. I had a very rough couple of days as I was doing a shift in the desert and my family was on vacation exactly in the zone of the earthquake. It took about a week for me to be able to talk to them and an almost 1000 mile bus trip to get back home.

About the Scamp project I'm putting everything together and will check what am I missing to start looking for parts. I know the interior is missing some things and there are no emblems in the car.

WelcomeTorrent, you'll find lots of excellent people and advice here so enjoy. As luck would have it I was in your beautiful country about 6 yrs. ago working at a pulp mill for Arauco in Constitucion. Great people and excellent workers, I was there as a Service Rep. installing a steam turbine generator to replace a couple old units. Needless to say I was very disturbed to learn of the destruction from the major earthquake and tsanumi that almost wiped out the entire town and killed alot of people. My condolences for any loved ones you may have lost and wish you good luck in the future. On a happier note we all enjoyed the hell out of your excellent red wines while in country.

Here's a picture of me and the buds.

Terry, which one is you?
The guy in the crane?

-
Back