Hello! I'm new!

-

DartDave73

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I finally joined this site! Since I started restoring the 73 Dart Sport, I've been in constant search of information, parts and general reassurance that I wasn't crazy to start this project. Thing is, I've visited this site many times over in the past. It became a go-to site for information, pictures, and direction. Most of the time, the search engine directed me here. I've found that this site is very valuable. I hope that over time, I can contribute what I have learned and any experience that I have. I'm an old car buff, racer, and I've worked on a variety of cars since back in the 80's. I've done a lot of just about everything, but I'm still learning. :D

Welcome from Athens, Greece! (Normally New Jersey.)

IMG_3926.gif

It freaks me out too. I tried to get a credit card with this pic on it but they wouldn't do it. Heh!

It's actually one of the oldest pics on the internet that's been circulating since forever. Gotta love those dog-eyes!

Not much to look at now, but it's getting back together. Currently rebuilding the lower cowl (just replaced a small section on upper right side), and pretty much everything else.

The Dart Sport was taken down to almost nothing, rust removed, welded up better than factory, and replaced anything that was too far gone. Suspension rebuilt up front, lower control arms have support plates, all new steering parts including a fast ratio steering gear, new leaf springs (6 leaf) and the rear end was rebuilt. New brake parts, lines, front torque box, support box for upper shock mount (custom)... Just about everything I can do I'm doing it. Have welder, will travel. :D

IMG_20231018_182344314.jpg

Welcome from up here in the Mitten, glad to have you with us. Sorry to say, I’ve had a couple of DS parts cars that were once beautiful, but up here most older cars are painted with our state color…rust! Good luck on that DS resto, and keep the pics coming!

E2B1CCDB-16CF-4EC0-86A7-1ACA5B42A709.jpeg

Welcome from up here in the Mitten, glad to have you with us. Sorry to say, I’ve had a couple of DS parts cars that were once beautiful, but up here most older cars are painted with our state color…rust! Good luck on that DS resto, and keep the pics coming!

View attachment 1716155422
Originally from the Chicago area myself. Totally understand the rust.

Luckily this one I have was in Florida most of it's life. It was bought by someone in Indiana after that where it sat in a field. There was rust still, but I feel pretty blessed with one that wasn't too bad. Worst spot was the roof support cage inside that was rusted out because of a drip tray leak. I have to rip this roof off and replace it with another one that I'm sandblasting after I took it apart. Fun Fun Fun!

-
Back