Hello, to all group members, New Here

-

1969SWINGER340

Reaction score
Hello to all, Just wanted to say Hello, and introduce myself. I am 32 and live in Curewensville, PA (Central PA.) I own a 1969 Dart Swinger 340. The Car is a real F6 Bright Green Met. car, with a 727 Auto, Blk, top, interior, and Stripe. The car is a numbers matching 50,000 mile car. One repaint in the 1980's, and original interior. I learned the car is 1 of 4 Known F6 green Swingers, and 1 of 1 equiped as the build sheet (options). The car was Sold new in Anderson, Indiana at Braodway Sales Inc. If anyone has any info. on this Dealership let me know. I hope to get to chat with some of you, and look forward to meeting some of you at Carlisle, Hersery, etc. Thanks, Mark A. Coudriet

I will submit (post) pics as soon as I figure out how to do it. Thanks, Mark

These were taken with my Cell Phone, so they are not that great. I have some better ones I will get downloaded. Thanks Mark

Picture004.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Welcome abourd,I just recently joined myself.

You car looks great,it happens to be my dream car,well almost if it was Red with a 4 speed it would be it.

I really like the looks of the "Factory Correct" or "concours" restoration of the engine bay.

EDIT

Where did you find the production numbers on your car? The reason I ask is I joined this forum to try and get an education on the 1969 340 swingers and there production numbers and factory options.

I just got the adress of gailen and plan on ordering one of his books in hopes it may have the information I am looking for

My dream car is a 1969 reddish orange 340 swinger with a vynl top and a 4 speed and bench seat

Wow, sharp car! Love the color, and that is one of the cleanest engine bays I have ever seen!

Thanks so much for all the kind words. I have been very happy with the way the car has cleaned up. As far as the engine compartment goes, I tried to go with all the correct mopar items, repo, and NOS. A couple of the items that are not right are the headers, and the Non-Mopar Heater hoses. I just couldnt bring myself to spending $60-$70 for heater hose.
As far as the build information. I sent Galen Govier color copies of my window sticker, build sheet, and pencil rubbings of my fender tag, and vin plate. He e-mailed me shortly after and stated he had good news. He stated that my car was built of the last day of production at the Hamtramck Plant, and was the highest vin# of any 69 Dart that he had seen in 30 yrs. Approx. 10 months later, YES I Said 10 Months, I got my paperwork. I got the Chrysler Registry, a report on a breakdown of options and color, and how many cars are know with these. This info provided stated (4) F6 Green cars are know of, and (1) F6 with the options on my car. This is just of cars registered in 30yrs worth of gathering info. vins, etc. for the database. Of course I think that his info. is only as good as the database can show. I think that numbers could change over time. Also I got paperwork that shows how many cars were build with each option available. It is a really good item to get if sending for info on a car. Example: It tells how many cars were built with say, door edge gaurds, Something like (22), Just some cool info. It does this for every options you could get on the 69 Dart.

The paperwork stated that 16,637 69 Dart Swinger 340 were built for U.S. specs, 8,834 4 Speeds & 7,803 auto.

Hope I did'nt rattle on too much. I will try to help anyone out on any numbers if I can. Thanks, Mark

Moparts__Member_Page.jpg

Thanks for shairing the production numbers its a start for me.

I will make a comment. I frequent a couple of different forums as this one but with corvettes and its funney that folks have a lot of information to share but often dont share it as they feel they may be rambling.

Me for one frequent these forums as I want to hear the car talk. I just wish folks would shair more information they have it makes for a better forum/community

I actually started a web site so I could shair some information about myself and my cars
www.yellowcorvettes.com this week end I will see if I can create a page on the swinger I am loking for

Again thanks for shairing

Thanks for the support on the rambling issue. I can get out of hand at times. I do have a good amount of info. to help anyone that asks. After 15 plus years into the Mopars, Mainly late 50's Mopars at first, then 60's cars I have read alot, and have kind of become engrossed in numbers and codes. Its just a fun thing for me. I hated School growing up and don't recall much of the study thing, but for some reason, I can read build, option, codes, and numbers once and recall them for years. I guess if its a car thing, it worth recalling to me. Ha Ha. I will share all I can. Thanks

Mark, love the color. one sweet ride.!!!!!!!!!! I go through curwensville occassionally, as a matter of fact I 'm going up to clearfield in a few weeks for a few days of work at the courthouse. beautiful country. I just recently joined the site also. welcome aboard, walt PS I will post my car some day if I figure out how toooo.

Pagilman, No Kidding, I work out of the Court House in Clearfield. Drop me a line and let me know when you will be there, we can talk a bit. I work for the Sheriff's Dept. Thanks, Mark

Mark wanted to thank you again for the chance to view your cars, i really enjoyed it. On wednesday morning when i was coming down the hill form the comfort inn i saw a very nice light blue or silver roadrunner coming out of that storage place on the right. You have some nice mopars in clearfield. Thanks again walt. ps keep your eyes pealed for an 8 1/4 suregrip.

Walt, It was great to be able to get together. Had a good time. I wish we would of had some more time, I was really tied up at work the next two days. We will get to Dubois, to see the other cars we talked about next time. Thanks Again. Mark

-
Back