hellwig sway bars

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
well guys, after having quite a few rides under my belt with the new sway bars and i will tell you that i love them. as previously mentioned in the original thread, the front frame brackets were still had a slight angle and now i am getting the replacements sent tomorrow. they will be perfect. the part #s are 5906 front and 5907 rear. summit will carry the front (hel-5906 $182.69) after 2/10, but the rear isn't in their system yet. call summit to get them. you guys will be happy with 'em. especially at that $$.

here is the thread i wrote about the install.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=28382

I just got a front and rear set in the mail yesterday from Performance Component Suspensions. The front is the front is the 5906 but my rear is a 6907?? I cant wait to get them installed.

I really appreciate your other post with the pictures!

I've heard good things about Hellwig bars. Never tried 'em, but heard good.

these new ones blow the old ones out of the water. completely re-engineered. the mounting is extremely better.

What country are 'Hellwig' products made in?

The instructions and the kit look like the one from your install
hellwig.jpg

It doesnt look like this one
attachment-1.jpg

Is it the newer model?

those are the old ones. 5907 is a diffent animal in the dogbone attachment.

Thanks I am going to give them a ring on Monday and see if I can swap it out for a newer model!

I took one more pic of my setup to make 100% I dont have the new one. I was looking at your pictures from your install and my dogbone attachment look alot like yours.
DSC00820.jpg

do you have a plate that attaches to the frame rail for the dogbone? the bar looks the same as well as the dogbone, but its how it attaches to the frame rail is the different part. the old style has a plate, the new style has a thru bolt with a large washer. i am going to dig into my pics and see what i come up with.

here are 2 pics of either side of the dogbone upper mounting area. do you have a thru bolt with large washers or a plate? show me all your parts in a pic if you can.

DSC00871 (Small).JPG

DSC00875 (Small).JPG

I don't know if anyone asked but, Do they have a website and how much are they? I like them very much and want to put them on my Duster.....Thanks Rick:cheers:

I don't know if anyone asked but, Do they have a website and how much are they? I like them very much and want to put them on my Duster.....Thanks Rick:cheers:

read the first post of this thread. you get them from summit.

allright......... i checked into it. the 6905 IS the NEW one. sorry keith, for the boo-boo. my invoice for the prototypes had the 5906, 5907 numbers. you DO have the NEWER one.

dust- i believe they are made here, but could be wrong.

Nice looking pieces. Ive been thinking of adding a nice set to the Dart.

well summit will have them as of feb 10th. for 182.69. great deal especially on the shipping(10.95 for both).

allright......... i checked into it. the 6905 IS the NEW one. sorry keith, for the boo-boo. my invoice for the prototypes had the 5906, 5907 numbers. you DO have the NEWER one.

dust- i believe they are made here, but could be wrong.

No problem! Just glad I doubled checked before I called them. Thanks for all help and the great pics of the install.

I looked on summits website and for my 73 Duster it says I need the 5905 instead of the 5906, and for the rear it says I need 6903 instead of 6905 but from the picture they show it does not look like the new one. Does anyone know if it is the new one just a different number and a generic pic? I just wonder because all the others that are 182.69 don't have pics but the 6903 does.

no. i am in the process of figuring out the frame mounting brackets for the 63-66 a bodies. we will hopefully have something done soon.

I have been working with redfastback on redesigning our Mopar A-body sway bar kits. He let me know about this thread and I just wanted to clarify a couple of items.

1) The kit is American made in Visalia, CA. The swaybars are manufactured from heat treated 4140 chrome moly steel.

2) The correct kits for 67-72 A-body applications are 5906 and 6907. Part number 6905 is the old kit and has been obsoleted. We are a couple of weeks out with the new brackets for the front sway bar but they will be ready to ship on 3-1. The rear bars are already in production.

3) We will be making some changes to the 73-76 Front kits in the near future to improve fit and finish.

-
Back