Help! 1962 Valiant Power Steering Conversion

-

maxwedge1962

Reaction score
I am trying to convert my father's restored 1962 Valiant, 170 /6, 4 door from manual to power steering as it is getting too hard for him to steer with the manual set-up.

I purchased from one of the members on FOAB what I thought was supposed to be everything I needed to convert over to power, but I am having clearance problems.

The PS assembly I purchased is from another 1962 Valiant but I am having problems with the crankshaft PS pulley hitting the fan. I cannot use a spacer on the fan because it sits to close to the radiator, so I looked in the parts book and see there is a pulley (crankshaft power steering pulley, Chrysler part #2202 794) which is different than the pulley I was given which is listed to fit full and mid-size Dodge and Plymouths.

Has anyone done this before and if so, what did you need to do to make everything work clearance wise? Did you use the #2202 794 pulley or what.

If I do this this particular pulley, then I have to also ask if anyone has one or knows where I may get one?

Thanks and hope someone can help me out.

Patience Bruce Pm sent
IMG_20120526_192346.jpg

IMG_20120526_192401.jpg

-
Back