HELP!! 742 Sure Grip Spider gear needed!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustoff440

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Need one spider gear for a 742 case sure grip. Bought the chunk it was supposed to be ready to go and find that one gear has a complete tooth missing!! I have only been able to find complete sets new for sale at 250 bucks. Could someone help me source ONE new one or perhaps one of you have a spare used one around. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks guys, I went to Dr Diffs site and clicked on a link he had of stuff for sale he has on ebag. Saw a complete set of upgraded gears better than stock complete set for 125. Will call both guys tomorrow.

Can't tell you how much time and money I have saved by other FABO members helping me out, not to mention the friends I have made. I spend at least 30-45 min a day here. As long as there is FABO I won't ever need as shrink. LOL

Thanks guys, I went to Dr Diffs site and clicked on a link he had of stuff for sale he has on ebag. Saw a complete set of upgraded gears better than stock complete set for 125. Will call both guys tomorrow.

Can't tell you how much time and money I have saved by other FABO members helping me out, not to mention the friends I have made. I spend at least 30-45 min a day here. As long as there is FABO I won't ever need as shrink. LOL

We aim to please and we're a hellava lot cheaper than a shrink. :-D

Hey Toms is just down the road from where I vacation every summer. Maybe I'll see if he's got an 8 3/4" 742, 3.55, with sure grip lying around this summer.

I've known Cass for a long time. I'd never heard of Tom's until a few days ago, and even then I didn't know it was so close.

Alright... I'll bite..., is there a difference in the "spider gears" between a "741", "742" or "489" case?
I've been under the impression that the only difference was the pinion.
I honestly don't know, but I do have a really nice set of "spider gears", I don't know what case # they fit. They've been sitting in a container filled with oil for a few years.
They're yours for the cost of shipping, either way.
I can take pics, save my time and yours, let me know.

Giles

Alright... I'll bite..., is there a difference in the "spider gears" between a "741", "742" or "489" case?
I've been under the impression that the only difference was the pinion.
I honestly don't know, but I do have a really nice set of "spider gears", I don't know what case # they fit. They've been sitting in a container filled with oil for a few years.
They're yours for the cost of shipping, either way.
I can take pics, save my time and yours, let me know.

Giles

That my friend is a really good question. I do know that there is a difference between the open rear and sure grip spiders in a 742. As far as the rest???? Yes, some pics would be great. Thanks

I took a quick look this morning for them, there not were I thought they'd be. I'll look in the garage and the parts storage shed tomorrow, when I have more time. They're here somewhere, even the wife remembers seeing them not to long ago.

There's a difference between open and sure grip ? I honestly have no idea what these spider gears are for, case no., open...I got them in a parts lot.

I'll find them tomorrow morning and take pics, measurement and tooth count...and we'll take it from there. I hope you're not in too much of a rush, shipping alone will take at least four days.

Giles

Well after searching high and low, I just can't find them, they'll probably show-up when I'm not looking for them. This sucks, sorry about that.

Like the wife says, it's time for me to get rid of some stuff, and she's right, I have too much stuff I won't be using.
Here's a bump for you in the meantime.

Giles

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back