Help All You Duster Guys!!!!!!

-

1fast383

Reaction score
Put super stock springs on the back of my duster(002-003)3000lb I believe now it sits way high. When I shim for the pinion angle that will bring it down slightly but not 4 inches.Car has the springs moved in 3/4 of an in.What works to bring it down? THANKS 1FAST383

DSC00002.jpg

I personaly think it looks good like that. But if you want to lower it you could use lowering blocks.

hmmm... ok... that does seem a bit higher then mine.
what spring shackles did you use ? Inboard spring shackles ?
Now I didnt move mine inboard, and I used the stock shackles that came with the car. I know that one side will sit just slightly higher then the other due to added spring to accept torque pull. Seems a little high to me.. granted the engine in place will sink the whole car down a little.... but if you have to make up 4" pinon angle difference something is amiss... I dont know exactly what.

-RPM

I know everyone has personal preferance and I know the safer route is to have it sitting a little lower then that.....but man does that look sweet all jacked up in the rear!!!:toothy10:

question.....what color green is that? whats the name and brand and type of paint? if you dont mind me asking,thanks

tire size might make a diff... ya...... I got some big ones stuck under... and I didnt even offset the springs.

??? maybe ??

I would wait until your car is back together to see where she will sit. Right now it is pretty much empty. If you still think it is too high after assembly you can take the front spring mount and swap them side for side which will move the front spring eye up and lower the car but remember to correct your pinion angle after you do that and you should be good to go.
Your project looks great so far, keep up the good work!

Like has been said already, wait till the car is more assembled to see how the weight affects it. I had the same problem with my car when finishing the build, I've got SS springs with a relocation kit so I just drilled 2 holes in the front boxes to mount the spring in, a higher and a lower setting, unfortunately I had to cut off brand new perches and redo the pinion angle but if the 70's look comes back I just gota mess with a couple bolts:-D

I also say give it some time to settle out, mine settled about an inch and stopped. I don't have the SS springs but I did get the 5 leaf ones.

Yep. I concur. Don't assume it's to high till it has all the weight it's gonna have in it, and the tires you're gonna be running. THEN make a decision

Put the rear bumper on and place some weight in the trunk , about 150lbs to simulate a full tank of gas,battery in the trunk etc. Also what is the angle of the rear shackle?

spring3.jpg

Thanks for the replies!!! Color of the car is sublime. Color is the color of the new chargers with the gold flake in it. Goin to paint outside of it after its assembled. I'm using the mancini perches in front, 3/4 offset with the nut welded to the inside. You can't swap side to side. I can stand on the back of it and it squats about 1/2 an inch.Right now rear shackle is incorrect leaning towards back of car. Probably making a spacer on front perch for more tire clearance anyway. Any other ideas? THANKS

Doors, interior, all the glass, drivetrain, etc. plus my 250 pound butt, it'll add up. What size tires do you have? They don't look that tall but it's hard to tell. LUV that color!

-
Back