HELP...Broken Manifold Stud!

-

Bea

Dodge Damsel
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have an extra manifold stud that will fit the '62 Lancer - 225 /6? My son was helping me and he over-torqued the nut & broke one of the upper manifold studs. Mopar # 2121585...I've been calling around...no luck yet. OMG! :help:

Which stud is that, Bea? You can get any of that stuff from a good hardware store. Does it go into the head? If so, did you get the broken part out? Pictures?

A good parts house will have that. Did you get the old one out?

I haven't taken it out yet and /6Dan gave me a cross-reference # from Dorman to use.
My hubby says he will be able to get out the stud. ~ Thanks Guys!

I always thought husbands were suppose to install studs.

Yeah...sounds about right.

Good luck on extracting that broken stud. I had to drill out one in a 318 head, no fun. Good center punch, and progressively bigger bits until you can pick out the old stud threads. Ended up drilling bigger and retapping to a metric a tad bigger and putting a dab of white paint on the tip to remind me its special.

Whew...got the broken bolt out, but not without having to take the manifolds apart...again! Everything went back together great and she's ready to roll! BTW...idling very well & the thermostat is indicating correctly now. Adding the Seafoam today or tomorrow and go from there. Thanks once again from Sunny Lakeland, FL.!

I think you'll like the outcome of the Sea Foam. As I've said before, I have never recommend any oil or fuel additives, but there are two that I have come to recommend. Those are Engine Restore that comes in a chrome can and Sea Foam. I cas attest from personal experience that both those products do what they claim.

I think you'll like the outcome of the Sea Foam. As I've said before, I have never recommend any oil or fuel additives, but there are two that I have come to recommend. Those are Engine Restore that comes in a chrome can and Sea Foam. I cas attest from personal experience that both those products do what they claim.

Tried the Sea Foam this morning and I really didn't have much smoke coming out like all the videos I've watched...nothing like it at all...very minimal smoke, not sure if that's a good or bad thing? Gonna chage the oil after about 100 miles and try it again.

Next up...Gas Tank Replacement! The one installed now has a small leak at the top (patched for now). The gas gauge doesn't work, etc...
I bought an orginal tank from another Lancer from Dr. Mopar last year. No holes, very clean...yeah! I have 2 people lined up to drop the tank, replace the fuel sending unit, bracket, float, sock, etc...will keep you posted!

You did suck it up through a vacuum line right, then let it sit or just power through it? My Breeze has an updraft intake and originally, the seafoam didnt get into the cylinders, just pooled in the log. I used it again through the power brake line at a fast idle and it billowed smoke for 2 minutes like a skywriter. If you get it to run great, dribble water (like a garden hose just barely on) into the carb at a fast idle and itll steam clean the cylinders like magic.

You did suck it up through a vacuum line right, then let it sit or just power through it? My Breeze has an updraft intake and originally, the seafoam didnt get into the cylinders, just pooled in the log. I used it again through the power brake line at a fast idle and it billowed smoke for 2 minutes like a skywriter. If you get it to run great, dribble water (like a garden hose just barely on) into the carb at a fast idle and itll steam clean the cylinders like magic.

It was a 16 oz. bottle of Sea Foam - 1st used 1/4 in the carburetor (slowly) at high idle, then 1/2 in the Oil/Valve Cover, then 1/4 in the gas tank. Very minimal smoke.

That's why. You didn't put a whole bunch in the carb. Remember when I recommended the 1/2 can in the valve cover? That's where you need it the most, I believe. To get rid of that sludge forming in the top of your engine. Next oil change, you can do it again, but go 1/2 in the carb and 1/2 in the valve cover. By the NEXT oil change after that, the inside of that engine oughtta be pretty clean.

That's why. You didn't put a whole bunch in the carb. Remember when I recommended the 1/2 can in the valve cover? That's where you need it the most, I believe. To get rid of that sludge forming in the top of your engine. Next oil change, you can do it again, but go 1/2 in the carb and 1/2 in the valve cover. By the NEXT oil change after that, the inside of that engine oughtta be pretty clean.

Sorry...I misunderstood and will do it right next time. :flower:

-
Back