-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveEmory

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Had a real scary near-disaster when the valve failed on my 1965 Dart's carburetor. Nice, big fountain of gas spraying upwards and sideways, and flooding the engine (and the compartment) with fuel. Scary. Good thing fumes didn't hit the distributor before shut-off...

My mechanic hopes to find a rebuild and so far isn't having much luck. Anyone able to help out here? Please message me if so. Thanks, all!

What's on it now? Will a 1920 work for you?

I'll have to ask the mechanic what it is, specifically; it's likely original, as my late father's copious service records only indicate it was rebuilt in 1991 (225,000). Engine is slant 6, and I think it's the 170. Current mileage is about 335,000...

Just found a receipt indicating the rebuild in 1991 was Holley OEM #3058 (so, if my research is right, a 1920). I can only hope that was the right one.

Either a Holley 1920 or Carter BBS will work.

Does your throttle linkage consist of a horizontal rod coming through the firewall?

I have a BBS from a '64 Valiant that last ran in November. You could probably just bolt it on and go, though as a rule I always recommend rebuilding first.

So where exactly is El Burrito? South? West? Southwest? Is that in the states?

The Carter 1bbl also came on these cars and they are better.I just replaced mine with one from Rock Auto for under $140. and it is as new. Bolt on & go basically .The Hollys tend to flood due to that weak spring under the float and then piss gas all over the manifold out the vent the Carters don't use this system and don't.

I have a brand new 2 barrel carter original for a 273 engine , feel free to PM me to get a phone # and addy exchanged . I had a leak like that 1 time and pow I lost the wire harness , It burned threw the fuel line , and really heated things up . and almost lost my car , my wifes camero convertible , and the garage I was working in I yi yi. 2 new fire extinguishers were put in first, then the next turn over after all parts were found to repair the harnesses was push it outside to fire up . that's way to close for comfort, But it did give mea free cardio check , lol Think I was17 still didn't figure out I didn't know it all .lmao

I have a nice Holley 1920 from a 67 /6 Barracuda. It's not the original from the car but it was a good runner before I took it off. From what I found out, it was new when the previous owner put it on the engine. I'm looking to get $50 shipped to you.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Either a Holley 1920 or Carter BBS will work.

Does your throttle linkage consist of a horizontal rod coming through the firewall?

I have a BBS from a '64 Valiant that last ran in November. You could probably just bolt it on and go, though as a rule I always recommend rebuilding first.

So where exactly is El Burrito? South? West? Southwest? Is that in the states?

Heh. It's my silly name for El Cerrito, which is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Pretty sure the throttle linkage is a straight rod, yes; I'm passing these great responses on to the mechanic so we can make a decision here. Once again, FABO comes through! Thanks, all.

Still looking. I've sent private replies to a few of you fellows, but haven't heard anything back.

The unit I got to replace it is the wrong type; my /6 Dart is looking for the kind which has a "twist action" via the horizontal rod through the firewall. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back