Help converting 67 Barracuda to 68-69 windshield trim

-

v8fish

Reaction score
Hello,
I know many people have done this before so I'm looking for some detailed help if possible. I have a 67 Barracuda notchback that I am going to be adding the stainless trim around the windshield and rear window. I have collected all the needed parts to include new window gaskets for the 68-69 appplication all of the trim pieces and the replacement trim retainer clips. My question is this: where exactly (spacing) do the retainer clips get installed? Is there anyone with a diagram to show spacing of the clips or do you simply equally space them around the perimeter paying attention to joints? Also if anyine who has actually done this has any additional tips or pointers please share.
Thanks

Hello,
I know many people have done this before so I'm looking for some detailed help if possible. I have a 67 Barracuda notchback that I am going to be adding the stainless trim around the windshield and rear window. I have collected all the needed parts to include new window gaskets for the 68-69 appplication all of the trim pieces and the replacement trim retainer clips. My question is this: where exactly (spacing) do the retainer clips get installed? Is there anyone with a diagram to show spacing of the clips or do you simply equally space them around the perimeter paying attention to joints? Also if anyine who has actually done this has any additional tips or pointers please share.
Thanks
There is a diagram, suggest searching it

IMG_0719.jpg
IMG_0718.jpg
Here you go.

Looks like 68 Formula S340 has my windshield covered any chance someone has the diagram for a rear notchback window?

I made a drawing for the notchback a few years ago. Shared it here a few times too. It's not in my photobucket so it must be on a old hard drive here somewhere. If you study the drawings that have been shared above you'll find that clip placement is not rocket science. About 2 to 4 inches from a corner or join in the trim, and equally spaced 6 to 8 inches in the long runs.
For the 67 body... check the OEM body work at a-pillars and sail panel to roof panel, against the stainless reveal trim. They didn't fine tune these spots cause they didn't need to. The 67 gasket wouldn't call out the imperfections.
S6307269.jpg

S6307270.jpg

I advise you check the length of the fence ( pinch weld section ) that the gasket sits on too. Or better yet, take the time to dry fit the install. The 67 gasket and or glass was a little different fit here also. I'm not the only one who could not get the top of a 68 gasket to roll in and lay against the headliner properly because the fence was long making the opening small ( more typical of rear fish glasses ). To see those teeth that hold the headliner in and realize you gotta start over will truly ruin your day.

67%20body%20work%20windshield%20post.jpg

For the 67 body... check the OEM body work at a-pillars and sail panel to roof panel, against the stainless reveal trim. They didn't fine tune these spots cause they didn't need to. The 67 gasket wouldn't call out the imperfections.

Yeah, ran into gasket/trim fit issues with my 67 post Dart too. Car's just a driver so I didn't obsess too much, but it still took a lot of fiddling. And even more fiddling to get rid of the leaks. :BangHead:

-
Back