Help! Driveshaft length?!

-

vntned

Reaction score
So I'm needing a driveshaft for my '64 Dart, which I recently swapped to an Abody 8.25" rear and a 4spd overdrive. My thinking is that, since my dart is a 111" wheel base, and a '73-'76 Dart is a 111" wheel base, that a drive shaft out of any '73-'76 Dart/Swinger should be the right length.

Does anybody have the measured length of a stock Dart driveshaft so I can know what to look for?!

Thanks for the link. That would be more helpful if I had a driveshaft to measure. And no I can't just measure the distance between the rear and the trans because the trans isn't in the car yet.

Anybody out there able to tell me what the length of a driveshaft out of a '73-'76 Dart Custom or Dart Swinger is?!

My '75 swinger 318, 904, 8 1/4" rear had a shaft length of 54 1/8" center to center of u joints. You should measure your car though

If I were you I would wait and measure it to be sure I have your exact setup in my use to be 74 Scamp but it's in storage I bought it from Action but don't remember the measurements

If it's the same wheelbase, same '75 Abody 8.25" rearend and a '76 Abody 4spd transmission. What would make the driveshaft a different length?!

If it's the same wheelbase, same '75 Abody 8.25" rearend and a '76 Abody 4spd transmission. What would make the driveshaft a different length?!

It would be close probably, maybe...and it may even work.

Best to measure!

When you're car is together , measure it. OR try figuring out where they set the front of the block in relation to caster centerline of the front suspension and then the block length and trans... and then you'll figure out the length thru wheelbase, have fun

since you have the transmission (right?) it would be possible to measure from the rear end to the transmission mount on the car
then measure from the tail end of the transmission to where it would mount to the transmission mount on the car and deduct that from the first measurement

but if it were me (and this is what im doing with my /6-904 to 360-727 conversion) just wait until it is all bolted in and sitting on all 4s and then measure it

-
Back