Help electrical part identification

-

1974scamp

Reaction score
Hello,

Im just trying to renew the wiring harness of my swiss made 1974 Plymouth Scamp.

I have some trouble to identify some of the parts and also cant find them in the wiring diagram.

What are these doing they sit directly behind the instrument cluster?
20200928_191335.jpg
20200928_191348.jpg

Is the one next to the fuse box the horn relay?
And the other one hazard flasher relay?
20200928_191249.jpg
20200928_191402.jpg

Top photo the blue thing is the dreaded/ hated 74 only seat belt interlock system. If you wander over to MyMopar and look at the service literature "Master Tech" stuff there's an article on that

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Chrysler Master Tech Service Conference Library

You need to disable that mess, which can lock out the starter. Look in the engine bay usually on the left fender apron, for a horn relay sized box with a (used to be red) reset button. Permanently jumper the two "yellowish" wires together These wires are the start relay trigger power coming from the ignition switch

100_0894-jpg.jpg

16kx4d2-jpg.jpg

If you have a factory shop manual, and you NEED to get one (reprint, CD, etc) there is a chart to rear of schematic wiring diagrams which shows each component/ location/ connector layout

The cylindrical object in post 3 is the delay relay for the key in light

Last edited:
Post no2 seems to be "heated backlite relay" and the 2 wire object I believe is the circuit breaker for that

backlite.jpg

The relay attached to the fuse box is the horn relay

horn.jpg

-
Back