Help finding lower radiator hose

-

kiss

Reaction score
My 71 Dart has an LA 360 (mostly stock) going in. I have a Mopar 22" radiator (I think that's the size, it's the full length radiator, not the small one) that was re-cored to 3 cores. The lower radiator has a passenger side port. The thing is, is the water pump lower outlet is bigger than the port on the radiator. I need a solution for this. Is there a hose with 1 end flared more that will fit this configuration? I'd like to avoid splicing hoses together if possible.

Thanks!

A stock 340 or 318 lower hose from that model year is what you need. The inlet on a 22 inch radiator from that era is 1 3/4

measure the core, its either 22 or 26 and the "big" one would be 26.
if your outlet is 1 1/2" you can use a Gates sleeve that will slip over outlet making it 1 3/4". You can also have outlet changed to 1 1/2 by rad shop.
I looked at 3 rads we took out of early cars for magnum swap and all the drivers lower were 1 1/2 but all the pass lower were 1 3/4. That s a sample of a 65 273 drivers lower, 273/318 pass lower and another I think is probably a /6.

A stock 340 or 318 lower hose from that model year is what you need. The inlet on a 22 inch radiator from that era is 1 3/4
Dont you mean outlet?

Can someone give me an example of a year/model/make of car to ask at the parts counter?
Or better yet part #?

You are correct. Typo on my part. Please forgive me.
20 hail marys for you and a stout flogging :lol:.
Just didnt want to confuse the OP.
OP I am trying to remember first year the v8 had pass side lower, that would be good starting place. For part #'s, try Oreillies online for pics and part #'s....one of the better parts search data bases around. Try 67, 69, 71 etc

I have a 360 in my 69 Dart. I used the pullies and water pump,(aluminum) set up off a 1970 and newer small block. I had the original 3 core 22" radiator lower neck moved from the drivers side to the passenger side. I used the lower radiator hose from a 1970-72 318 Dart. It was a little loose on the radiator end but with a screw type clamp it sealed fine. Been that way for 10 years now.

-
Back