help for a certain tire

-

hallray

Reaction score
Please help if u can. I am looking for a set of the old mach II belted 60 tires 245/60-14. I know they r old and probably not made any more but I had a set in high school and I loved them. I bought them used and they finally blew a few years ago and I have since been looking for another set. I can't find anybody selling them there wasn't any manufacturer on them any where they only said mach II belted 60. I have constantly searched the internet and can't find any and I can find any info about them its almost like they never existed. Any help would b greatly appreciated thank you

This is the problem with tires, they grow and adapt and ruthlessly drop the old in favor of new. Rubber's life span is about 5-7 years.

Whatever you had fond memories of, there is safer, stickier, longer lasting rubber out there.

I know the majority of these car owners want to fight to keep the old sizes, 13,14,15; the truth is, the available sizes shrink by the year, there is no development going on for these sizes not even being passed down second hand clothes; tire technology has grown leaps and bounds since the 80/90's when these sizes we're in their heyday. And the options are fast becoming 16"+ to get anything bigger than a tire for a Honda.

This is why I dumped my 14" BFG Radial T/A hockey pucks in favor of something that can put power to the ground in ALL conditions driving a high-powered car on wet streets, and stick better to a track. You will be better served with a bigger wheel. Just how it is.

keep looking, I am running bias ply tires, MT fronts and M&H N50-15 rears, no problem, fronts are 15 years old

I didn't think I would have any luck finding any but I was hoping by some chance somebody might have had a set laying around or maybe new who manufactured them. I have only been able to find 1 picture of them online somebody on here sold a few years ago. I wish I seen them then I'd have snatched them up lol

I didn't think I would have any luck finding any. Was really hoping someone would have a set laying around or at least knew who actually manufactured them. I have only been able to find one picture of them online and that was an add someone on here posted a few years ago. If I'd have seen them then I'd have snatched them up lol

This is the problem with tires, they grow and adapt and ruthlessly drop the old in favor of new. Rubber's life span is about 5-7 years.

Whatever you had fond memories of, there is safer, stickier, longer lasting rubber out there.

I know the majority of these car owners want to fight to keep the old sizes, 13,14,15; the truth is, the available sizes shrink by the year, there is no development going on for these sizes not even being passed down second hand clothes; tire technology has grown leaps and bounds since the 80/90's when these sizes we're in their heyday. And the options are fast becoming 16"+ to get anything bigger than a tire for a Honda.

This is why I dumped my 14" BFG Radial T/A hockey pucks in favor of something that can put power to the ground in ALL conditions driving a high-powered car on wet streets, and stick better to a track. You will be better served with a bigger wheel. Just how it is.

^^This. I too when to modern tires and larger wheel because anything 15" down is mostly old technology and just as or more expressive than 17" and up tires. I'm talking street tires here BTW.

I have tried replying I hate this phone I don't think any replies have posted. So if there are some repeat one im sorry. I didn't this k I would find any but was hoping maybe someone would just happen to have a set laying around or at least knew who manufactured them. I have only been able to find one picture online of them and that was ones someone on here had posted for sale a few years ago. I wish I had seen them then I'd have bought them lol

-
Back