help for seat matching question

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I have a 66 Dart that I have committed to purchasing a pair of seats from a member here. The seats I am getting will be from a 69 Cuda. I will probably be doing a seat foam and cover replacement before the car goes on the road which will be between 1 - 2 years from now. These seats have headrests that will need replaced as well. I havent seen the headrests included in any cover sets so what do I do for them. Also if I buy the complete 69 cuda front and rear seat sets will the rear cover from the 69 cuda be even close to fitting my 66 dart seat? If not is my only option to have a cover custom made or maybe the rear cover that comes with the seat set altered to fit. I would like to end up with the same seat patterns.
Rodney

The cuda rear seat is different than the dart rear seat. I called legendary interiors with the same question and they told me the cuda rear cover with not fit the dart frame. And that pretty much would have to have a custom rear cover made if i wanted to use the cuda pattern in my 69 dart. so im guessing for the 66 you will have the same problem.

I think DBPhemi gave you excellent and accurate advice. Since your not doing a "concours" correct restoration, I'd bypass Legendary and just take a photo of the '69 cuda interior to a reputable upholsterer and have him copy the design as close as possible.

I was afraid of that. What about the headrests. Are they going to have to be done as a custom build as well? Are the seat covers for a 69 cuda vinyl or are they something else. Should I expect to pay about the same as a seat cover for the 66 rear or do you think a shop charge more?
thanks for all the replys
Rodney

-
Back