HELP from /6 to 318

-

71dodge

ADDICTED.
Reaction score
is it true that i need a new k member and a diffrent tranny when switching over from a slant 6 to a 318 help me please

different tranny yes different K no they make conversion mounts to use your slant six k frame with a v8

Mounts are available to put a small block or big block in a slant 6 k frame
avaialable from summitt for 59.95 i believe the part number is trans-dapt 4695
for the small block the slant 6 trans will not bolt up to the 318

Hi, does anybody know if the adapters from Schumacher or Transdapt will do the job better? til now i didn´t know that they are available from TD, and if they do the job right i will take these because they are cheaper than the Schumacher ones.

Anyone did the swap with these parts?

greetz Michael

Technically the driver side mount tower on a slant 6 k frame is the same as v8 so you could cut off the old pass tower, drop a empty block & trans in bolting it to the drivers and trans mount, then with a floorjack underneath use a level at the front end of the valley using the floorjack under the motor to raise or lower the pass side to spec/level.

Weld on a pass side tower and you're set.

I used a set from speedway motors for about $90 that's with shipping, my car uses the biscut style mounts

I am doing the same swap, but I have a later model with the spool mounts.. Schuma. are the only option with my style mounts.. Just have to cut down the drivers side mount and drill a hole... Not a big deal... they include a template.. I think 73 and up use the spool and 72 and earlier use the flat style.

-
Back