HELP How to tell difference between single + dual field alternators

-

Eworth

Reaction score
Ok,

I have parts Frankenstein on my hands and I'm not sure what type alternator I have. Is it a single or dual field roundback alternator.

Is there a way you can easily describe the difference between the two.

Pardon if this seems stupid but I don't have one of each to compare.

The one I have is a roundback. Has a post for output. There is one terminal marked FLD and the other is unmarked. Should I assume its a single field? Does the dual field have FLD marked on both terminals.

Im in the garage trying to wire this thing correctly. Its pumping out 15volts at the battery at idle. WAAAAY too much.

Thanks.

Ok,

I have parts Frankenstein on my hands and I'm not sure what type alternator I have. Is it a single or dual field roundback alternator.

Is there a way you can easily describe the difference between the two.

Pardon if this seems stupid but I don't have one of each to compare.

The one I have is a roundback. Has a post for output. There is one terminal marked FLD and the other is unmarked. Should I assume its a single field? Does the dual field have FLD marked on both terminals.

Im in the garage trying to wire this thing correctly. Its pumping out 15volts at the battery at idle. WAAAAY too much.

Thanks.

A photo would be a huge help. I just posted a bunch of stuff on this the other day. The reason is, that the answer is "murky" due to rebuilders, who have been know to MODIFY (hack) "single" into "dual."

DOH!!! This is a duplicate thread.........here

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=345222

-
Back