help i.d. parts

-

db's demon

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me for sure that these are 72 340 valve covers. When i bought them they had orange paint on them, but the guy said he had used them for painting another engine. Second question is, what is that piece sticking out on the left side of the intake for? I know this is a 72 intake but is it correct for a 340? Thanks Darryl

P5170045.jpg

P5170046.jpg

P5170047.jpg

The part on the manifold is for the idle solenoid. Valve covers look like late 70's

the valve covers should look like this only blue + the wire seperators were painted not left white like in 71, 318 V/C will not have the tall wire stand off on the driver side, this tall stand off was due to the tall 340 intake, and to clear the throttle bracket and kickdown.

5601767-71Duster340018(Small).jpg

check this web site out , Bill is a 340 expert and has many 340 only parts like the correct spacer for under the carb, correct throttle springs, wiring harness for the idle solinoid, ect.. http://www.billrolikenterprises.com heres a pic of the solinoid

4977655-IdleStopA.jpg

I seem to have come across two colors of chrysler blue, can someone tell me, is the color of my engine now correct or should it be a much duller blue? I am just using spray cans. Thanks, Darryl

-
Back