[SOLD] Help! I need a B-body drum brake front hub...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

valianator

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a set of B-body 10" drums swapped onto my 65 Valiant (with 73-76 UCAs).

I started hearing a god-awful racket from my left front wheel, took it apart to find the outer bearing race spinning loose in the "wallered out" hub casting. I just put new bearings in few months back... don't know what, if anything, I screwed up. #-o

So I'm needin' a hub to get rollin' again.

My brakes came from a 66 B body.

A quick check shows all drum brake 62-72 B bodies and 65-71 C bodies using the same front wheel bearings so the hubs *should* interchange.

I just need a hub, not a drum (my drums are nearly new).

I'll even send my old one back to you if you need it to keep a parts car roll-able!
HELP!!

Thanks.

Not all 10 in drum brake hubs are the same. It depends on what drum your hub originally came with the hubs are offset different. You should provide the heigth measurements of the hub you are replacing to make sure you get the correct one

Ive got a pair of 11 inch drum/hub/backing plate assemblies buried in the shed......i think... starting to wonder if i should use those on my 68, or the later disc set up......

Could always find a good old machine shop. Take both the inner and outer races with you and let them build it up and machine back for the proper interference fit for the races.

Not all 10 in drum brake hubs are the same. It depends on what drum your hub originally came with the hubs are offset different. You should provide the heigth measurements of the hub you are replacing to make sure you get the correct one

OK, thanks-

With the hub sitting inner bearing side down on a flat surface, it measure 2 and 5/16 inches from the surface it's sitting on to the machined flat surface around the studs.

If you turn the hub over, outer bearing side down, it measures 2 and 7/16 inches from the surface it's sitting on to the flat surface around the studs.

4 and 3/4 inches high overall.

I also found the numbers 34736 on the inside between 2 studs, and a pentastar and D15 between the next 2 studs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back