Help ID Tracloc

-
Even if you order the correct non shouldered bolts the part number changes to the shouldered ones with instructions to open up the holes in the carrier. I used a wooden dowl with 40 grit and honed them just enough for the shoulder to fit thru snugly. Note: Make SURE that nothing is between the case and ring gear, even a .005" piece of dirt will cause problems. Also, do NOT pull the ring gear down with the bolts.

I believe Mopar switched to the shouldered bolts when they started using the cone type sure grip and that seems to be the only bolts their selling now. I ran into that once and carefully opened up the holes in the powerlok to use shouldered bolts.

You might try Dr. Diff. He has a lot of stuff and is usually priced decent

Called Cass this morning & thought I'd share in case someone runs up against this same issue in the futute. He indicated that the early powerloks units did indeed use a smaller bolt hole for an un-shouldered LH ring gear bolt. The older style Tap Bolts are no longer being produced & the fix is to drill the powerlok up one drill size to accommodate the shoulder.

-
Back