Help identifying my carburetor

-

Kipprc

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to identify my carburetor for an hour or so with no luck. It has w with a line under it cast on the front side with the numbers 1405 and 1725 stamped on there. On the drivers side the numbers 8867 are on there. On the top there is another W with a big bar under it. I am trying to identify the carburetor so I can buy a book on it and possibly buy another one to train on. I am starting to think this is a knock off. I can match it to anything on identification charts and google has got me nowhere..Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

20200610_203508.jpg

20200610_203459.jpg

Maybe. I have no idea. I thought the W underlined was an indicator of Weber or Weiand, but the numbers don't add up. Thats why I was thinking knock off. For now it works. Maybe down the line I will switch to something that is more identifiable. I want to be able to study it and learn it. Then I can make a better on decision if I want to move on to EFI or not. I can't do that if I can identify it.

In the picture above, the number might be stamped on the other pad of the mounting plate also. If it's before Weber & Edelbrock, it will be a 4 digit number followed by a letter or two.

1405 is the performance version of the 600 CFM AFB style carburetor. They were made by Weber, sold through Edelbrock. Same carburetors as Edelbrock sells today. It's not a mystery. It's a performance tuned 600. The sister carburetor, the 1406 is tuned for economy. The 1405 has a richer tune for performance.

-
Back