Help identifying Racer Brown camshaft

-

67charger383

Reaction score
I bought a NOS Racer Brown STX-22 cam that was advertised as for a big block.

I test fitted it in my block and it seems right but just a tad different than other cams I have.

Could it be a 426 Hemi cam? Would a Hemi cam even fit into a B/RB engine?

It seems like everything lines up good.

If my suspicion is correct and it is a hemi cam, could it still be run in a B/RB motor? I’m aware of the hemi conversion stuff guys did back in the day..

I asked the seller if it was B/RB or Hemi and I was told that it was B/RB.

Can anyone tell me the differences? It’s the exact grind I was looking for but I am just double checking.

The difference between a wedge cam and hemi cam is the lobe positioning for 1/2 the lobes.

If you lay a wedge and hemi cam next to each other and have it so the dowel pins are both in the same position(like at 12 o’clock), then look at the direction the lobes are pointing, they will be obviously different for 8 of the lobes.

The difference between a wedge cam and hemi cam is the lobe positioning for 1/2 the lobes.

If you lay a wedge and hemi cam next to each other and have it so the dowel pins are both in the same position(like at 12 o’clock), then look at the direction the lobes are pointing, they will be obviously different for 8 of the

I don’t know if I’d be able to judge the lobe difference right as I’m comparing a stock cam to a 300+ duration race cam..

Last edited:
It’s not a “little” different.
If its a hemi cam, the lobe arrangement difference is obvious.

It is a Hemi cam. Just verified.

Bad for my build, but on the upside I guess I have a NOS Racer Brown Hemi cam..

-
Back