-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey y'all Antony live semi close to me ? I'm struggling a f going into circles with my slant six. Short story is motor ran And idled AmaZing . I blew head gasket on last day of rod rod power tour . Car still ran well actually but exhaust was blowing into water side not water into oil.

I ordered a remanufactured head , had it cleaned up and it's 100 thousandths off head . Block was left , came , lifters , distributor all left as is . I ordered a nice bit 70s style intake and a new exhaust manifold. I swapped head . Intake leaked so bad I pulled it all apart again . Engine runs like **** and nothing I've done can get timing correct . It idles high and Inconsistent , 1000-1200 , timing is around 20 degrees advanced at that idle even with idle screw all the way out .

I can't find any intake leaks , can't get to idle less than 1000. Timing even at most retarded setting on distributor is at 20 advance . I can turn it and will go to 40 but I can't get it less than 1000-1200 rpm and can't get timing to go less than 20 degrees advance .

I have vacuum advance off , I pull distributor , all new gaskets , I did cold lash and hot lash by the book .

car runs like **** and it's a shame cause it ran so flawless on power tour up until my radiator started to close and I rang car up to 250 a few times and blew head gasket .

is any mopar guys near dc ? I pay well for you help and expertise to come help me and I'm a pretty good apprentice lol . Hit me up I really want to to go moparty & make it back

Are you interested in a good running 1971 slant six engine? Im in southern maryland. I will sell it for a reasonable price and it includes new parts to refresh it.

Are you interested in a good running 1971 slant six engine? Im in southern maryland. I will sell it for a reasonable price and it includes new parts to refresh it.
Maybe . My issues mine was good running a month ago too . Struggling getting it back to that and seems I'd need to do the same with yours . But yes interested . I'm in Howard county

Yes, but the exhaust manifold is cracked. I have a new one that goes with it.
That that's major problem I have . The new one didn't align with old intake at all . Machine shop made them match but I can't get get them to seal to the head . I'd ha r same issue with yours my guess

Yeah, this one is cracked completely in two! Ran great though so I kept it. I got tied up at work today and didnt get a chance to call. I will try to call tomorrow if you like.
Not sure how this manifold will fit up, it is made in China.

Yeah, this one is cracked completely in two! Ran great though so I kept it. I got tied up at work today and didnt get a chance to call. I will try to call tomorrow if you like.
Not sure how this manifold will fit up, it is made in China.
Sure

Hey y'all Antony live semi close to me ? I'm struggling a f going into circles with my slant six. Short story is motor ran And idled AmaZing . I blew head gasket on last day of rod rod power tour . Car still ran well actually but exhaust was blowing into water side not water into oil.

I ordered a remanufactured head , had it cleaned up and it's 100 thousandths off head . Block was left , came , lifters , distributor all left as is . I ordered a nice bit 70s style intake and a new exhaust manifold. I swapped head . Intake leaked so bad I pulled it all apart again . Engine runs like **** and nothing I've done can get timing correct . It idles high and Inconsistent , 1000-1200 , timing is around 20 degrees advanced at that idle even with idle screw all the way out .

I can't find any intake leaks , can't get to idle less than 1000. Timing even at most retarded setting on distributor is at 20 advance . I can turn it and will go to 40 but I can't get it less than 1000-1200 rpm and can't get timing to go less than 20 degrees advance .

I have vacuum advance off , I pull distributor , all new gaskets , I did cold lash and hot lash by the book .

car runs like **** and it's a shame cause it ran so flawless on power tour up until my radiator started to close and I rang car up to 250 a few times and blew head gasket .

is any mopar guys near dc ? I pa Mop and I'm a pretty good apprentice lol . Hit me up I really want to to go moparty & make it back
Where are you in MD. I have a buddy with a shop in Mt Airy. Knows old Mopars and you can trust him

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back