Help led turn signal andpark light

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I put led light bulbs in my turn signal brake light fron and rear on my 67 barracuda. They work great in the daytime but wont flash with headlights on. I tried several electronic flashers nohelp. Any one have a good idea short of removing bulbs?

The original bulbs were 2 filiment bulbs ( 1157 ). Consider what a single filiment bulb would do in the same place.. Blinks with turn but send the park signal to the same filliment and now it getting both constant amd flashing current. You wouldn't see the flashing current. The 1157 produces 2 different levels of light too so when both are on you can see the difference.
I dont know anything about the LEDs . I would like to know if both turn indicaters on your inst' panel come on with the park lamps.

Good luck in any case.
Oh and by the way... make dang sure you have proper brake lights.

The original bulbs were 2 filiment bulbs ( 1157 ). Consider what a single filiment bulb would do in the same place.. Blinks with turn but send the park signal to the same filliment and now it getting both constant amd flashing current. You wouldn't see the flashing current. The 1157 produces 2 different levels of light too so when both are on you can see the difference.
I dont know anything about the LEDs . I would like to know if both turn indicaters on your inst' panel come on with the park lamps.

Good luck in any case.
Oh and by the way... make dang sure you have proper brake lights.

i just converted my whole dash over to LED and with the park lights on the turn indicators dont stay on... only if you tell them to...

as stated make sure you have a dual setup...

I bought replacement bulbs for 1156 and 1157 a friend said I have to wire in a load resistor to fool the system. Anyone think that will work?

probably not. I used electronic flasher AND led specific relays. got them from Hotronics, call them and ask, they have good customer service.

Attachments

• 015_1_2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 0203121821a.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 153
  • 001_1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 013_1_2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 158
I bought replacement bulbs for 1156 and 1157 a friend said I have to wire in a load resistor to fool the system. Anyone think that will work?

yes a load generator will work but its not the best way... they make specific flasher units for them...

"LED bulbs" are unsafe. They give inadequate safety performance when installed in lamps designed to take filament bulbs.

See threads here (read whole thread + links), here (scroll down), here (the right way to do it) and here (another well-done setup).

ordered new bulbs today my parking light bulbs were only one filament.

-
Back