help me blueprint a 410 ported eddy motor

-

carkindaguy

Reaction score
I was just wandering what everyone else thinks the power potential is of an 410 stroker. i have a built 360 i want to stroke to a 410. i will be going with flat tapped solid. these r some parts i have and would like to reuse.

hughes %100 cnc ported eddys
hughes roller rockers 1.5
stock 79 la block .040 over
scat sir floating rods
holley ultra double pumper 750.
eddy air gap
tti headers

i am aware that the sir rods have a limit of around 500hp but i also have been told they have held up pretty good in higher hp motors. i have considered using a supercharger. the only one i would go with would be a big 671 because just looks bad ***. if not a supercharger id like to be able to still use 91 octane so i would like to keep the compression just at pump gas limit. i currently have power brakes in the duster. so i ask u, whats the best way to work around being able to stop if i build a motor with a huge cam. i blueprinted my 360 but im not the best. i want a recipe for a bad *** high power stroker. so please help me make a bad *** stoker build. complete blueprinted builds. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

A couple things - You need a goal. You either want a blower engine, or a N/A engine. You can build a N/A but when you stick the blower on it you won;t be safe making much boost because the "foundation" parts should not be the same for both builds.
On the SIRs - If you only want 500hp, I don't think they are the best choice, but they should work. But - if you want to boost it, get better rods. The H beam Eagles are more cash but will hold anything you want to put thru them forever.
Building for pump gas for boost or N/A are very different - so figure out what you want and what you can afford. It might make more sense to take the 360 block and build a 408 simply for NA now, and build a seperate engine for the supercharger later.

yes i am aware boost is built with lower comp engines and more power with n/a moters is built with higher comp. i have a goal its LOTS OF POWER! im not a pro engine builder but im not a rookie. as for the rods im for switching to h beams, im just curious about some builds with i beams. i am asking for some opinions on 671 builds and opinions on n/a builds. what do ya got and how did ya get it?

if you want to use I beams...people use the Scat 4340 I beam...not the eagle SIR 5140 rods...

360 CI Dr. J 220 Airwolf Heads 522HP... He's not spinning the water pump so account for that. Still over 500HP
Which is MORE than a Ported Eddy or RHS Head will deliver with 360CI.

Pretty sure Pump Gas too!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeX3LWkJKWg"]360 Mopar Dyno Test AIRWOLF 220 heads 522hp - YouTube[/ame]

Will the car be a street only car? You can make 500 hp with a 4" stroke SB at your altitude and it would be streetable. If it's a track car you can make more power and use race gas. But 500 hp on the street is plenty of fun and will do nice long burnouts, but with a 3200# a body, it doesn't take 500 hp for it to be fast. The 6-71 blower looks cool, but then you have to make power to back it up.

I run a 410 with Eddy heads.I also have the Eagle H-beams with solid roller cam.I,m guessing I,m in the 525-540hp range.Never dynoed,just going by the 10 sec passes at the track.I,m also running 94 pump gas with 10.5-1 comp.The 410 makes plenty HP for any street car.JMO

id like to stay with a non roller solid to keep cost down.
What are your goals for the car?Are you looking to have lots of bling hanging out of the hood at the car show or will you be driving the car at the track?A blower ontop of a 410 will be overkill for a street car.JMO

I was just wandering what everyone else thinks the power potential is of an 410 stroker. i have a built 360 i want to stroke to a 410. i will be going with flat tapped solid. these r some parts i have and would like to reuse.

hughes %100 cnc ported eddys
hughes roller rockers 1.5
stock 79 la block .040 over
scat sir floating rods
holley ultra double pumper 750.
eddy air gap
tti headers

i am aware that the sir rods have a limit of around 500hp but i also have been told they have held up pretty good in higher hp motors. i have considered using a supercharger. the only one i would go with would be a big 671 because just looks bad ***. if not a supercharger id like to be able to still use 91 octane so i would like to keep the compression just at pump gas limit. i currently have power brakes in the duster. so i ask u, whats the best way to work around being able to stop if i build a motor with a huge cam. i blueprinted my 360 but im not the best. i want a recipe for a bad *** high power stroker. so please help me make a bad *** stoker build. complete blueprinted builds. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Our 251 solid FT cam will make at least 525HP with those parts and 10.4:1 compression. Use a vacuum canister, summit and jegs have them.

so does anyone have any blueprinted builds?

I'm not sure what you mean by "blueprinted builds". Blueprinting means taking the engine and making it as close to the original engineer's tolerances back when the engine was designed. Since there was never a 408 from the factory, this is impossible.

What you can do is make sure that the crank centerline, cam centerline and block decks are all within specs. At least that's what my builder is going to do. My build link is in my signature.

ok well change in plans. im going to keep the 360 stroke and put on a big turbo.

brian t, your thinking to hard. what i meant was proven builds. as in they have already been built, as in they have already been blueprinted. a blueprint is a plan for a build, it doesnt have to be stock. there could be a blueprint for a 2500hp motor. u get it now?

so anybody got any turbo suggestions. ill be lowering the compression now obviously.

brian t, your thinking to hard. what i meant was proven builds. as in they have already been built, as in they have already been blueprinted. a blueprint is a plan for a build, it doesnt have to be stock. there could be a blueprint for a 2500hp motor. u get it now?.

I do tend to over think things. I would like to see some of these "blue prints" also.

I'm confused....did the previous motor ever get assembled and run (with the Hughes cnc ported heads)? The reason I ask is, those heads (with a decent size cam) would easily make 500hp with 360.

Also, what do you mean you would like to "stay with a non roller solid to keep cost down"....but you want to stroke it and add a blower ($$$$)???...and now, stock stroke and turbo (also, $$$$)??? To each their own I guess....

i have a brand new set of 4.060 pistons and rings i neeed to sell they are kb107
i will yake 200.00 for them so i can get a set of 4.030 kb107s so i can get building mine any 1 looking for a hell of a deal or have some kb107.030 to trade please help or im gonna have no hp by april pm please never been in a motor make me an offer im 8 slugs away from GONE IN 10.13 this is a gr8 offer pm me lets make a deal need to sell or trade to get my fix

brian t, first off i am a pipe welder. i work with pipfitters. pipefitters read BLUEPRINTS and fit pipe for me to weld. a blueprint is a plan to put pieces of a puzzle together. do u get it now? if you want to see an example of a blueprint just go up to the top right-hand side of your screen and google "engine blueprint".

flyfish, yes the motor runs great. i m very quick to change my mind. sorry if u got whiplash. i am a welder as u now know and i thought i should do a turbo motor because i can keep $$$$ down by fabing up my own headers and tubing.

i dont want to do a roller because i dont want to pay 300 for a cam and 500 for lifters and have my la block preped for a roller. i could easily put lower compression pistons in and by a turbo, bov and waste gate.

winstonwisc, i will have a set of kb107 .040 coming out of this very motor soon if your interested.

so does anybody know anything about turbos?

lol... I'm a Facilities and Projects manager and have all kinds of blueprints on the databases I use and honestly when i first read the title I thought you meant the machine shop definition of "blueprint" too... no biggie.
yeah, quick turns there...lol. I think in terms of cash outlay a roller NA will be less than a turbo setup. However - you can exceed the 500hp plus level as Brian noted on flat tappets. A friend's 408 (.030 over) makes 550 on pump fuel, in a street car. It's not a mild camshaft, and the heads are the key - but it can be done. In terms of turbo sizing - there is a boost forum here. I'd go read through it. I'm certainly not up on them. Not yet anyway.

my 410 made 524/527 with a roller that I asked Brian to build as a street car that would see 10,000 mile highway runs every summer , we took a little power off the table in favor of reliability and durability , 2 years of hammer down hot rodding and still going strong .

I want a turbo motor so bad, and have been doing research for a while now.

You, being a fabricator, is a grate start but it's still going to take deeeep pocket to do it right.........and not have it blow up.
Then there's the carb vers EFI and the problems on both side of that fence. and the fuel system exc.

If you really want a turbo,Grate! but do the research first. there's a lot to it, and a lot to learn.

I must of read a 100 articles by now, on turbo projects. And maybe "6" of them are running drivable car.

Forced induction is Vary Coool!!! But there's a lot more to it then you can Be-leave.

Make sure you know all the pit fall before you JUMP!

-
Back