Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon

76 340 Duster
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have wanted a 71 demon for a long time. I have come across on near my house. It is an original 318 3 speed manuel. Right now it has a running bone stock 360 and 727. It is defanitly a project car but thats good. The 318 has been rebuilt but has sat for five years and gotten some rust on the cam and heads. The grill is in good shape and the left quarter and trunk floor will need replacing and maybe the right quarter and drivers floor pan. The interior has no headliner or carpet but the seats have a few tears and so do the door panels and the dash pad is torn up. It comes with an extra bumper, trunk lid, engine parts, and gauge cluster. It also comes with chrome trim for around the windows, a console, the original rally wheels, and two extra driveshafts and subframe connecters. Unsure if the driveshafts fit or not. The rear has been rebuilt with bigger bolt pattern and 10 or 11inch drums with no posi. The front suspention has been rebuilt with a larger bolt pattern to match the rear and disc brakes. It has no power brakes or power steering. Really all it needs to be drivable is a drive shaft that fits, a fuel tank, trany fluid, gear oil for the rearend and brake fluid. He wants $3,000 firm. I don'y have any pics but I'm going to look at it again saturday and and I'll take some then and post them. Let me know if you think its a good buy or not.

Sorry this is the first time posting. I just wrote the same thing before and clicked post and it deleted it. So I just typed somthing real quick to see if it would post the second time. Then I edited it and now there is all the info you need.

Landon, get some pics up for sure and you will get some good expert opinions from the Demon boyz here. Welcome to the gang.

I say based on the description, 3K is pushing the envelope.

Rust is like cockroaches, you see a little, there are more hidden.

Are the headliner bows present? Tailight panels on Demons are notorious for bends and rust. Taillights perfect?

Get some pictures for sure.

There are so many things that turn these cars into money pits. And staying with that theme, I've overpaid for a car I REALLY wanted, just to get it. It's all about what you want in the end.

First of all, welcome. I just bought this Demon last month. The people on here made the decision easier. Take as many pictures as you can, and post as much info as you can, and we'll let you know what we think it's worth. BTW I paid the same amount for this running /6 car.

71Demon4-09025Medium.jpg

I can't get pictures on here because the file size is to big. Is there another way to get them on here.

I can't get pictures on here because the file size is to big. Is there another way to get them on here.

I crop them down a little if it says the file size is to big then they load up for me. Just right click on the pic then go to edit and crop them down a bit.

I crop them down a little if it says the file size is to big then they load up for me. Just right click on the pic then go to edit and crop them down a bit.
That wouldn't work for me. I can resize it to get the right hieght and width but the file size is still to big.

I was finally able to load some pics. Let me know what you think it's worth.

130.de.JPG

130.demon.JPG

FILE0091.JPG

FILE0092.JPG

FILE0096.JPG

FILE0098.JPG

FILE0100 de.JPG

FILE0102.JPG

FILE0103.JPG

FILE0104.JPG

3 grand seems way too much... I have a 71' plymouth duster in better condition, newly rebuilt 318 etc, and i'm betting i could only get 1,500 for it.....

I totally agree with Judge Mills, that Demon is definitely not worth $3,000. Primer tends to hide alot of rust, bondo and bad patches. There is a fair amount of rust on that car and I will bet you once you get into it you will find alot more. How solid are the frame rails, torsion bar crossmember, rear shackle mounts and spring mounts, inner fenders, rocker panels, firewall, tailpanel, rad support, windshield and trunk channels, roof? These are all common rust areas on A-Bodies and are often hidden by undercoating, primer, bondo or other interesting patches. Go over the car with a fine tooth comb! Use a magnet to search for bondo. Get under it with a flashlight and a small mirror.

Judging by those pictures that car is worth no more than $1,500 max. It is only a 318 car, the standard is a plus but the fact that it needs 2 quarters, most likely also trunk extensions, drivers floor and a trunk floor 3 grand is way to much for a 318 3spd car.

I totally agree with Judge Mills, that Demon is definitely not worth $3,000. Primer tends to hide alot of rust, bondo and bad patches. There is a fair amount of rust on that car and I will bet you once you get into it you will find alot more. How solid are the frame rails, torsion bar crossmember, rear shackle mounts and spring mounts, inner fenders, rocker panels, firewall, tailpanel, rad support, windshield and trunk channels, roof? These are all common rust areas on A-Bodies and are often hidden by undercoating, primer, bondo or other interesting patches. Go over the car with a fine tooth comb! Use a magnet to search for bondo. Get under it with a flashlight and a small mirror.

Judging by those pictures that car is worth no more than $1,500 max. It is only a 318 car, the standard is a plus but the fact that it needs 2 quarters, most likely also trunk extensions, drivers floor and a trunk floor 3 grand is way to much for a 318 3spd car.
I too agree. How long has he been trying to sell it? Chances are it will still be there if you don't buy it. Offer him $1200 and your name and number, but be polite to him. He may just need a dose of reality as to the ACV of the car. Some people with these types of car have seen too much Barrett Jackson.

Way too much...I paid $2700 for my nice rust-free '70 Dart...Sure it's just a slant six car, but more than likely a 318 or slant six would get tossed anyways. $1000 or close to would be appropriate.

Big pluses for the car are the buckets, manual trans

Minuses have been covered

I missed it, does it have an 8.75

I bought this for $1300 318/3 speed manual/8.75
DusterWAZ.jpg

Those bucket seats don't look original to the car, they look more like 73-76 E-Body buckets not A-Body. 71 buckets should have hard back covers with seperate pot metal hinge covers. Those seats have soft backs and appear to have had plastic hinge covers. Also the tear in the floor where the seat bolt was appears to have been caused by the seat being pulled through the floor. If this car originally had buckets, there would have been reinforcing plates in the floors for the buckets to mount to.

It does have an 8 3/4 rear with an open rearend. The buckets are from a 73 dart. The car also used to be blue with white interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back