Help me buy my first demon.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car was priced at $3500 and that was before it ran. Then he put it on ebay it went to $2200. After the bidding was over he contacted the top 3 bidders and told them he would sale it for $2300 but every one backed out. Now he wants $3000. He is tired of people trying to tell him its not worth what he is asking and offering him $1000 to $2000 for it. He said if it dosen't sale soon he will get it to where he can drive it and try selling it for around $4000.

The car was priced at $3500 and that was before it ran. Then he put it on ebay it went to $2200. After the bidding was over he contacted the top 3 bidders and told them he would sale it for $2300 but every one backed out. Now he wants $3000. He is tired of people trying to tell him its not worth what he is asking and offering him $1000 to $2000 for it. He said if it dosen't sale soon he will get it to where he can drive it and try selling it for around $4000.

Keep looking, he's smoking something.

Yea keep looking, you'll find something, That guys been watching barretjackson, he'll never get 4 grand for it running or not.I would have took the 22oo, As said before 1000-1200 car, that needs another 7 grand put into it to make it decent

Yeah thanks for the info guys. That demon isn't worth it. Also if anyone knows who may have a dart, demon, or duster in north carolina or any good websites with abodies for sale let me know. Thanks.

That car is not worth more than a grand. Find some thing else. Guy is nuts if he thinks he is going to get 4 grand for it.

Definitely too mcu for that car.
I bought my 70 Dart back in 92.It was running,driving 318 904 with an 8 3/4 and 742 center section. At one point it had been dumped in the ditch and the passengers door and 1/4 panel were toast. The drivers 1/4 was rusted out,but everything else was solid.

I paid $300 and drove it for 2 years before parking it.Now Im getting motivated to restore it,thanks to this websight and the guys here.

Tell that Demon guy to stuff it. That car will be sitiing there 10 years from now.

I'm no expert but I think 3000 is way too much. I bought my Dart for 7500 and it had a rebuilt 340, rebuilt tranny, brand new rearend, and a 3yr old paint job (no rust) If you want my opinion I would say walk away and find another on Craigs List or ebay.

I can agree with these guys about A-bodies having "hidden treasures" under the paint... my driver's side rear fender had AT THE minimum 1/8" sheet of bondo over the metal, and in some places up to 1/4" inch....

The car looked straight... boy, was i wrong......

Yeah thanks for the info guys. That demon isn't worth it. Also if anyone knows who may have a dart, demon, or duster in north carolina or any good websites with abodies for sale let me know. Thanks.
Don't know if you have your heart set on a Duster Demon body style but here's an Abody close to home.

http://raleigh.en.craigslist.org/cto/1154546732.html

Not so close but it runs and drives:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1196270650.html

Car in similar shape:
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/1192370938.html

Basically all I did was google craigslist and in the box that comes up under craigslist type what I was looking for and all the ads all over the country appear. Good luck!

Basically all I did was google craigslist and in the box that comes up under craigslist type what I was looking for and all the ads all over the country appear. Good luck!
Thanks man. I didn't know there was a little bar there if you googled craigslist. I always went to favorites and went straight to the craigslist site. That helped out a lot.

Thanks man. I didn't know there was a little bar there if you googled craigslist. I always went to favorites and went straight to the craigslist site. That helped out a lot.
Its funny when I google it, sometimes it s there and sometimes its not. I tried it looking for a 273 close to home and damned if there wasn't one 10 minutes from my work, lol.

Patience is a virtue. Something twice as nice for half the price will pop up when you least expect it. Happens to me all the time.That seller is waiting for a sucker! (He has patience) You're not too far from me, I'll keep my eyes open for ya. If a Duster will do, Slappy found a deal on one down in Atlanta. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back