RPM airgap intake

I have a edelbrock 600cfm elec choke

Looking at Holley 750 model 4150
or
Holley Street Avenger 770 model 80770

Any thoughts would be helpful if i am forgetting anything important let me know

thanks!
justin

I'm running a 650 Mighty Demon that I had worked over by Don at Fbo. My 340 runs great with it.

I think the old Holley 750 is a great carb. Being it is a 4 speed a puddle dumper would work well..... although if it is primarily a street car that you put miles on I would probably go vacuum secondary.

I have ran 3 carbs on my 340... Holley 750 vacuum, Holley 800DP and the original AVS.

All 3 work great for driving around. The AVS is small for the engines state of tune but cruses around nice.

The 750 vacuum, I bought new about 15 years ago, has been on about 4 different cars.... I have never touched this thing.... Just bolt it on (check float level) and go.

The 800 uses a bunch of gas but it was jetted on a dyno back in my cars track days This is what I run 95% of the time.

750 vacuum carb works pretty good on your set up. That's what I run on my 340 4 speed and like the way it drives.

I too am installing a 340 in my 69 Dart(with luck within a month) with almost the same specs as your 340(I added a roller rocker assembly).
I am going with Edelbrocks Performer RPM 800cfm(modern version of the AVS) part number 1412. According to the build up I followed it is supposed to gain 35hp(dyno confirmed) over the stock 600cfm AVS.

750 vacuum secondary w/electric choke, manufacturer of your choice.

-
Back