Help me chose my color, red or black?

What color should I paint my Dart?

• Total voters
-
don't particularly like a red interior but if thats what you want its your car do what you like and the hell with what people think. why not paint it the factory color?

A couple of reasons.

1. My painting skills are limited, metallics take considerable talent, which I don't have yet. And I cant afford to pay someone to paint my car.

2. The car is a 6cyl car, not worth restoring to original, so I am going to paint it whatever looks best. If it was a 340 or 383 car, I would have painted it original color. I considered "resale" red, but I have had black before and I think this car would look great in black, and I have seen so few of them with Red stripes and Red interiors, it would definately stand out.

Black with red stripe. Personally I'd go with a black interior.

Hmmm. I'll go with red but... black stripe!

100_1169.JPG

well i set the seat and carpet in to get a feeling but nothing yet. I might have to fire up the photoshop.

I have chosen to go with a NON black interior for a few reasons.

1. I live in Texas, its just too hot for black interiors.

2. White is too hard to keep clean.

3. Red looks badass with a Black car and Red stripe.

Agree flyboy. If you got a red interior, then black bod with red stripe IS BADASS!

Grant

Good choice flyboy01.
That red int will be a show stoper inside that black.\\:D/

Even though I voted red bodie.8-[

IMO, black takes way more prep work to get perfect. Every spec of dust dirt or whatever shows up. Every scratch, swirl or imperfection looks ten times more noticable. So I voted for red, the right shade of red would look killer. I saw a Duster painted a brandy-wine red color, looked awesome.

you know what they say about opinions... everybodies got one, had one or wants one. Here's mine. I've already bought the metalic red interior for my ragtop cuda. Sure it's gonna be dang hot when the tops down but the white top will help when up. I consider that red to be the only correct color for fish guts.LOL. No black body paint for me. It'll burn your hand just to close the trunk and does show every bit of body work or imperfections.
Statisticly, orange is the safest color car on the road. MFgr's know this and they also know a gray car on a gray road on a gray day will dang near disapear. So which do they produce more of today ?
Back to interior, to say "no black because you're in Texas" is a cop out. We have or 100+ days too and you'll agrree anything over 80 is just HOT. My notch back has black vynil. It's chrome belly burner seatbelt buckles get a lot hotter. White or light colored fabric is hard to keep clean but white vynil or leather is easy to keep clean with a creme hand cleaner like gojo. The lanolin in it is good for leather (which is skin afterall). Wont hurt vynil or the stitch thread.
Did any of this help with your dicision ? doubt it
Hemi orange outside and white guts ? I'll look forward to the pics :)

Ok, here we go. Black with red stripe, red interior, optional Mag wheel hubcaps & redline tires. Holy crap, you would have the best looking dart ever! Wow that was fun. Peace, John.

Even though my Dart is red I would go black. When the time comes to paint my car it will be black with an orange strip.

Attachments

• Dart2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Dart1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 108
Black with red belt line stripe. Black interior.

I had a silver 68 GTS. It had a red belt line stripe. Black vinyl . black interior. I always liked that stripe on the 68. The bumble bee stripe looks out of place with the markers behind it. That is just me. I didn't like the bumble be on the 68 Charger either. It was different on the super bee in 68 the bee logo broke up the weird looking dual stripe. And it was a bee.

69's look right with the bumble bee stripe all models. I guess its the logo in the stripe that makes then not look out of place.

I would make the car black. And before a bumble bee stripe I would go stripe delete On a 68

Ive been a paint & body man for some time now, black isn't as bad as you think ( maybe for a every day car it is ) did you ever think of black with a blue stripe & blue interior

-
Back