Help me decide what COLOR for my '66 Vert!

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Car is going to the paintshop booth on Sept 20, so I got a few days to decide on COLOR choice... Here is the current scheme:

P1000983.jpg

P1000987.jpg

P1000986.jpg

P1000991.jpg

P1000992.jpg

Im leaning towards white for the whole car with cream/beige roof and cream leather for the interior. What do you think? (the black roof gotta go coz its 95F here!)

Decisions! Decisions!

Help!

Everyone's gonna have an opinion...I think a cream or off-white paint with the cream leather and top would look better than a bright white. By the way your Dart and its story are supercool, it's great you are giving it the TLC it deserves.

This is the reason why i need to paint the entire car:

P1010163.jpg

Inside of the hood and engine bay were painted BLACK, and wires everywhere.

P1010164.jpg

Here i've pulled the wire harness off, and gonna rewire the entire car...

P1010160.jpg

Here you can see the paint started to peel off and surface rust can be seen

The main reason is that im changing all the 44-yr old rubber seals and bushings on the car. So since the windshield is gonna be taken of and the conv top redone, might as well repaint the entire car. After all, the paint on the car is 44 years old by now.

There is a 66 Dart vert in ny town with a black top that is just gorgeous. I have only seen it once so I never got a picture of it. Here is a Valiant the same color. toolmanmike

I'm not seeing Orange as a go to colour, but that's just me.

I've always liked the light yellow on a 66, like this one.

i've always liked that light green met that the newer vw bugs have i think it would look good with a lighter interior too!

I vote for EV2 Tor Red(Hemi orange). although my car is "industrial orange" repaint from the last owner , I will one day repaint it he original EV2. I guess im partial LOL. This is the third orange car i've had.

I'm partial to red...:)

But I like the idea of a cream color.

What I really like is the bronze metallic.

-
Back