Help me decide!!!

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal I can decide for...
There are two rear bumpers for my car I found (finally!)

Bumper one: I bet and won it on ebay, it has little rust on the surface and the rear has rust ( is it restorable?) He accepts paypal which is good because its way faster, has 2 small dings on the right of the right bumper guard.

Bumper two: Has no rust visible on the front but who knows about the rear, has some dings on the edge of the bumper which I cant tell if its a dent or just a scratch....the guy only accepts money orders or checks to his business.

Now, the second bumper seems better to me...but now what should I do...should I say sorry to the guy whom I won the item from and risk of getting a darn negative on my account? lol or should I got for bumper one and try to restore (if that rust is retorable)

I have 5 hours to decide!!!! :sign10:

82d7_1.JPG

101_0805.jpg

101_0808.jpg

101_0807.jpg

101_0806.jpg

DCP_6187.jpg

bumper.jpg

7be8_1.JPG

Germz, did you all ready win the bumper on ebay? If so, from an ethical standpoint, you need to go through with the deal. Nothing upsets me more than when winning bidders just decide not to buy the part because they found something better or changed their mind at the last minute.

As for the rust, it mainly looks like surface rust to me (hard to tell exactly from the image). If that's the case, some 000/0000 steel wool should do the trick.

man you gotta go with the one that you already won. it isn't fair to do that to somebody. that is some of what makes problems on ebay now...for what it is worth, the bumper in pic looks fine to replate, or use as a driver if that is the question.

But life is short! and we only have one chance to be happy with our cars! hahahaha jp

I didn't see it that bad...and that's because I was the only one who bid on it...no one else...therfore there is no loss...he just would need to repost the bumper lol man....why go through the pain...especially when its an exterior part that everyoones gonna see...lol I wouldn't have this decision if I would of won it over some other people biddng on it but since no one wanted it is it that hurtfull to say...sorry...don't need it? I eaither do that and be happy or go with it and suffer for life hahahaha

You bid, You buy, end of issue. Don't give us Mopar guys a bad name. I can't beleive you're asking this question.

But life is short! and we only have one chance to be happy with our cars! hahahaha jp

I didn't see it that bad...and that's because I was the only one who bid on it...no one else...therfore there is no loss...he just would need to repost the bumper lol man....why go through the pain...especially when its an exterior part that everyoones gonna see...lol I wouldn't have this decision if I would of won it over some other people biddng on it but since no one wanted it is it that hurtfull to say...sorry...don't need it? I eaither do that and be happy or go with it and suffer for life hahahaha

When you win an auction on Ebay ,you have entered into a legal contract to purchase the item. If you choose not to, you should contact the seller immediately and make the proper arrangements. You`ll have to at least pay his listing fees, it would only be right.

dude if you bid on it you gotta follow through with it if you dont thats just crap if someone did it to you i bet you would be all upset with them just backing out sorry to say but your gonna have to man up and take care of your obligation when you bid.

Dude honestly dead beat bidders are the worst, besides next time you go to by something do you really want to have a problem because you didn't man up now? I don't like to buy from sellers with negative feedback, and I don't like buyers with negative feed back bidding on my stuff... just my opinion

Buy them both and see which one is best, then resell the one you don't want or put away for a rainy day.

And just a suggestion: if you're going back down on a deal, don't tell the whole world about it, it just makes you look bad!

No big deal :glasses8:
Do your part and do what you agreed on.=D>
Get your pick like demon seed said
and you will profit by doing the right thing.:toothy7:

Buy them both and see which one is best, then resell the one you don't want or put away for a rainy day.

And just a suggestion: if you're going back down on a deal, don't tell the whole world about it, it just makes you look bad!

100% right!!!

AWESOME! HAHAHAHA

The guy gave me a negative!!!! WOOT WOOT!

hahahaha just kidding...:snakeman:

I am amused how all of you who replied to this posting have good ethical values like I do myself =)

No I was not going to back down on my buy haha, I was being fully sarcastic on my second post if you didn't notice =P

The whole reason of me asking this question is to see if someone out here could convince myself into doing such thing as backing down (since most dont like ebag) I'm a quite a righteous person, (although this online buying thing could not harm my conscious much since its materialism we're talking about here) but in a worldly point of view I also keep myself righteous as well as my spiritual...not sure if you understand but if you do, good.

The second bumper had bids all ready and I knew it was going to be sold for much more...I guess I was just curious if the one I bought was worthy enough and if not maybe bid on the other...and sort of used my usual sarcasm to ask the question. And see what replies I get.

Let this be an example to all FABO members of how much most of us here appreciate good ole values!!! :cheers:

Germz is a good guy. I am sure he will do the right thing.

Of course I am, and of course I will do the right thing, but say...will you be the good guy and let me drive your mopar at spring fling while the cops chase me...we can be just like the Dukes of Hazard!!! 8)

Or at least let me be the passenger lol

Sarcasm often takes voice inflection to make it work. The printed word is much harder to interpret. It`s good to know you`re not a douchebag. I`m sure you`ll be fine with the bumper you have. Any half decent chrome plating shop should be able to take your bumper and make it look like new again..... There`s always Tri-City Bumper as a last option.

Sarcasm often takes voice inflection to make it work. The printed word is much harder to interpret. It`s good to know you`re not a douchebag. I`m sure you`ll be fine with the bumper you have. Any half decent chrome plating shop should be able to take your bumper and make it look like new again..... There`s always Tri-City Bumper as a last option.

Oh thanks for the advice, but I'll be using...MEXICO for chrome plating...fellas can use their own back yards to do their chrome plating business while the police have barbecue and beers besides them and nothing will happen hahahaha

A lot of people hate eBay due to scumbag deadbeat bidders. I have stopped selling because of them, though I may go back to it some day.

TopHat

-
Back