Help me figure out what I have!

-

kkirby7226

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get at least one if not more people directing me to the broadcast sheet decoders I've already looked at until cross eyed but I can't for the life of me figure out this fender tag. This is a car my Dad purchased and has been sitting waiting to be pulled out and restored. I'm trying to understand what I'm starting with before I start deciding where I got with it. It is supposed to be a 1969 Barracuda Convertible but I cannot get the codes to confirm. See attached picture, any guidance would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Fender Tag 69.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 308
Dart/Demon 1975 vintage it looks like...

Definitly not a 1969 Barracuda.

I did take a picture of the tag in the correct engine compartment whether that came with the car originally may be a mystery. I found the VIN on title paperwork that confirms '69 Barracuda per below and the rolling stock is a '69 convertible.

BH27F9B376527

I'll have to grab more pictures when I get back into his barn.

Vin BH27F9B376527 is-

BH = Plymouth Barracuda
27 =vert
f= 318
9 = 1969
B = made at hamtramck Mich plant

Attachments

• Fender Tag 69.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 263
It probably had an inner fenderwell replaced and they didn't bother to swap fender tags. I don't have the tag for my Barracuda, but it's not a big deal as it is getting mods anyway.

Yeah Barracuda verts are BH27 since Hector was a pup.
The tag is definitely not original to the car. Can't think of a legitimate reason other than the inner fender was replaced using a 75 as a donor. Look for evidence of panel replacement at the edge where it meets the firewall, the front edge near the radiator core support, and the bottom above the frame rail. The whole front clip may have also been replaced. (I've done that) Look for a hidden number stamped on the bottom side of the U-shaped horizontal core support on the battery side of the car.

It's how we get by in the rust belt.

Thank you all for the insight, I will take a closer look next time I'm in the barn to see if I can tell what has been replaced.

-
Back