-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhouse66

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I know this is a shot in the dark, but it could still be out there. This is a '65 Barracuda Formula S 4-speed car, white w/blue interior, that I sold in about 1971 in the Tampa, FL area. The new owner ran off the road and hit a tree with it soon thereafter, and the car was supposedly moved to a farm North of Tampa (Lutz area) for storage. No idea what happened after that, but it could be someone's "barn find". Two distinguishing features would be that the rear wheel well openings were shaped to match the front (with a front chrome trim piece installed to finish) and the inner front fender aprons were cut out for fender well headers.

Any leads would be appreciated!

BarracudaSide.jpg

Good luck! Nice car and I really like the rear fender well openings. Did you put the right trim on the left and vice versa so the rocker cutouts would fit?

glad you came over to this board,,,lots of guys in fla,,,,like i said i planned on doing that same thing,but couldnt bring my self to cut a rust free body,,,wish i did now seeing your 65

hops some one knows where your old cuda is,,,

I am 99% sure that the RF trim was used on the RR and not swapped side to side. But then, this was done 41 years ago so....???

The car was rear ended at a stop light and, during the repair, one thing lead to another. I bought the front wheel opening trims and just told the body shop to make them fit the rear. I do recall that he complained that it was a lot more work than he thought it would be, meaning he had given me an estimate up front and didn't make any money doing it. The whole car was repainted at that time, stripe added, and the emblems removed from the trunk lid.

Thanks for the nice comments on the car; makes me even more wishful that it will turn up.

I just looked at this and noticed it reversed your negative in the picture. I guess I am wierd like that to pick it off. lol Good luck finding it.

I just looked at this and noticed it reversed your negative in the picture. I guess I am wierd like that to pick it off. lol Good luck finding it.

Yeah, I did that scanning the slide. I corrected it later but didn't bother to update the image in my post. Sharp eye! Glad I'm not looking for a RHD Barracuda or this would really be tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back