Help me make some sense of this

-

kenny b

kenny b
Reaction score
On Wednesday during my shop class as the teacher I was interupted by a student yelling that my car was on fire. Not taking him too seriously I walked out the back door of the shop and indeed my 2000 Ford Mustang (daily driver) was on fire. After running back into the shop for an extinguisher I slipped and fell crashing into a workbench. I now have a swollen and bruised ankle. The fire was put out with only $750.00 damage to the car. After some police investigation it was found that a student had placed some gasoline covered rags on my car and set them on fire. Upon further investigation it was also found that two students had recorded the actions on their cell-phones. All of this so a video could be made for You-Tube called "watch bertrands car burn". I don't understand the wholoe You-Tube thing and am having trouble trying to make any sense of this picture. If there is any positive in this, they didn't damage the Demon Project

kenny b

YouTube isn't the problem. Americas Funniest Videos didn't start it either. We can go back to Candid Camera and beyond.
Idiots and warped sense of whats funny has always been around.
Sorry you fell, both physically and on the victim side of this coin.
I hope you're a level headed guy and can take lifes punches as I surely dont want to find your submission,, "Watch these MFers DIE !" on YouTube.

Okay, so who's going to jail?

I hope you press charges and get theese little pukes some rightly deserved justice.

Don't just go for the slap on the wrist crap or the rest of the students will think all adults are wussies and the rest of the kids can pull crap like this in the future with little or no repercussions.

Then I'd personally go to the kids house and slap his Daddy silly for not raising his kid right, if he even has one, which may or may not be a big factor in all of this.

So now you need to use your cell phone... call a lawyer! The $750 (plus labor at the Ford dealer) to put your car right ain't the half of it. You were injured. The school district better give you satisfactory remedy quick. Unfortunately, under "no child left behind" the kid won't be expelled or even disciplined. When I was in school, not that many years ago, the kid would have been expelled AND ARRESTED on the spot, and the district would have charges filed against the kid and his parents before the last bell rang. Now days you as the teacher will probably be reprimanded for not controlling your kids. And why did they have cell phones in class? Such devices are banned in my kids school with good reason.

Don't get me started on how the current regime has taken accountability away from the student and placed it on the teacher. You are there to teach, not babysit. And people wonder why districts have a hard time keeping recruiting and retaining good teachers...

i would kick the kids out of school, make them pay for fixing your car, and file charges so they know what "jail" feels like so they won't pull stupid **** like that again. i learned the hard way as a kid and it wasn't fun.

Sorry Kenny. Stupidity knows no bounds. These peckerwoods should be charged with felony arson, spend two years in jail and forced to break rocks for .10 an hour until they pay restitution. I don't think it's schools fault, but the parents fault for raising such poorly trained animals. I'd talk to your insurance company about sueing them for a rental car, injuries sustained, anguish and their general lack parenting skills and stupidity.

Sorry man but no sense can be made of this. 25 years ago you could beat the crap out of them, not anymore. You'd end up being the bad guy. You're going to have to use the legal system to your advantage here as I think the only thing these jag-offs are going to understand is if you hit them in their wallet. Get a laywer, contact the news media and make a stink. It will be to your advantage.

Exactly what I expected. Blame the parents, send them to jail, make them pay for damages.
Public humiliation works!
Dress them in clown suits and have them wash every vehicle on the school lot. Put the highlite reel on YouTube.

I’m surprised no one suggested setting the delinquents on fire.
You know, I did some stupid and/or mean things as a youth.
But setting a car on fire?
That’s just whacked.
Bet they play Grand Theft Auto on the computer too.

Well I know that back when I was a teenager If I had done something like this I would have a sore *** for about two months! And have to work and pay for the damages I caused!The real problem is Parents can't or don't control there children like parents did 40 years ago or longer!A lot of Parents do not even know where or what there children are doing and the sad thing is a lot of them just do not care. Just go to the mall and look around~ I hope the little destructive thugs get a good *** whooping and have to work to pay for the damage,serve a little time in JAIL and get about 4 years PROBATION to boot! plus I hope there Parents are held accountable also! KIDS have to be REALLY STUPID to video something like that knowing it increases there chances of being caught and prosecuted!! A good *** whooping does not necessarily have to come from the PARENTS of those destructive kids! I also agree with there should be no CELL PHONES, BEEPERS etc in SCHOOLS! I don't even want to get started on Cell Phones.I have one but I do not even know the number to it, it is to be used If I need to make an emergency call and If I receive a call it better damn well be VERY IMPORTANT! Only my immediate Family members know the phone number! The bottom line is the USA needs to get back to the OLD SCHOOL BASICS PERIOD! And the sooner the better for us all!

I agree 100% punish the kids and the parents, thats where the problem stems from. What won't these kids try nowadays. Need their asses kicked regularly if you ask me!

Nothing you can do to them if they are minors. Our gym teacher kicked two kids out of class last week, came out later back window of his Jeep smashed. All the kids know who did it but no one will squeal. Kick them out of school that is no longer a punishment with sat. t.v. and highspeed internet. I my self did some stupid things but willful damage was not one of them. Also if I got in trouble at school or otherwise I had to come home and that would not be fun.

You need to at least seek out a good lawyer. It will be worth it, and justified in this case.

-
Back