HELP me out Mopar Fans !!! (CAM question here)

-

65WaxUcuda

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
original: 273 had a 2bl carb

Converted to Mopar Dual plane intake with a 4bbl witha Edelbrock 4150 600 CFM carb, Stock heads, stock pistons, just want to add a some thump to the motor. has a mechanical cam!

Which CAM would be good for this motor (<--273) to add some sound to as well as little more power. Ive been waiting on headers under chassis long tubes, also want to add a vicious fan kit, any info would be appreciated lots and lots!!!

Well, With such a small engine I would use a mopar .528 284 cam as this will give you the added power and it's a mechanical cam. This cam will work well with the small heads and the lower compression, it will also give you the rump that your looking for. Little engines are vary easy to over cam so don't get greedy with it (the cam), also it has a very small overlap so the cylinder pressure will stay up and this is a must with small engines like the 273. This cam works well in the 318 also as it has a 112 intake and exhaust centerline. You will need a small converter or a straight shift though for this cam, a 2800 stall would work fine along with a 3.55 gear. Just my thoughts and what I would do.

BJR Racing

BJR RACING- where can i order this cam from / jegs,summit, mopar dealer etc, or order number? thnx

No it will take a good single or dual spring with these specs. 130-140lbs. on the seat and 320-340lbs. open @ 1.68 installed height. With a 1.48-1.50 spring diameter.

BJR Racing

Mr.65,I would listen and do as bobby says to make your motor haul some ***,as this man knows how to work with small things to give a great performance,Mrmopartech

thanks mr mopartech for the information im trying to get his email would you know it cuz im interested in what he was offering he said he had a cam still in the box.. would you ? know his email?

............................... does any1 know bjr racing email ? i need to get in touch with him

thnx Mrmopartech that number is that would be his shop or home?

Hope you got my messages mrmopartech.... ill be bak on later so busy with work right now

Just in case,BJR racing is 1-770-955-0659 ask for bobby
My number is 450-424-0445,any one that calls,leave me your number and I will call you back on my dime,mrmopartech

-
Back