Help me pick a color

-
Ok so I have 3/4 colors in mind to paint my 1973 Duster

Plum Crazy Purple

2008+ Go Mango Orange

Older style Go Mango Orange

Vitamin C Orange

Can you guys help with spme pics of these colors

Will be running Cragars for now but will switch to prostars or draglites later.

I wouldn't go with any of those colors. They are the standard colors that most people paint their mopar.

This is the bad thing about that..... In a sea of orange and purple Mopars, what will make yours interesting?

Why would anyone even care about another orange or purple car?

When everyone is going purple or orange, your purple or orange car needs to be nicer than the others or it will just look like a dumpy version of the one next to it.

Paint it something that you don't see very often. Gold, non B5 blue, white.

Moparbrad nailed it!

My Duster is Omaha Orange. It's a bit more "yellow" than the factory Orange paints. I like it because its still nice and orange, but noticably different from the other orange Mopars I have seen...which isn't a lot around here. Note that my car has single stage (sunfaded) paint, so a fresh two stage job will be a bit different.

I'm a purple guy myself, but I will have to agree, the burnt orange really pops. When I found my current project, I was a bit dismayed that it was Lemon Twist. If it wasn't such a clean body I would have passed it by. That being said, 1968FormulaS340 hit it on the head....why go with something that has been done to death. I never see the Lemon Twist on anything. The color has grown on me, and with a few black accents to tone the yellow down a bit (side stripe, 3/4 vinyl roof, hood snorkel) it will look pretty sweet.

purple will show more dirt then the orange will.

What color was the car originally ?

I'm a purple guy myself, but I will have to agree, the burnt orange really pops. When I found my current project, I was a bit dismayed that it was Lemon Twist. If it wasn't such a clean body I would have passed it by. That being said, 1968FormulaS340 hit it on the head....why go with something that has been done to death. I never see the Lemon Twist on anything. The color has grown on me, and with a few black accents to tone the yellow down a bit (side stripe, 3/4 vinyl roof, hood snorkel) it will look pretty sweet.

my car is still wearing its original FY1 lemon twist. honestly, im tired of it. im in the same boat, if it wasnt such a great body i would have passed it by. when it gets fresh paint , i think it will go black. i see quite a few yellow dusters around.

Attachments

• d311.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 497
I agree about orange being over done...seems like about 10+ years ago House of Kolor had a "tangelo orange" that became real popular and orange has been going strong ever since.

Not on the list of colors here, but I saw this car on FABO...and it kind of stood out to me...it looks grey to me (maybe it's silver but I don't think so)...looks to be factory and I can't say I have seen too many Dusters in person that are this color.

Paul

attachment.php

Ok so I have 3/4 colors in mind to paint my 1973 Duster

Plum Crazy Purple

2008+ Go Mango Orange

Older style Go Mango Orange

Vitamin C Orange

Can you guys help with spme pics of these colors

Will be running Cragars for now but will switch to prostars or draglites later.

You could also check out the '10 Mango Tango !!! I've gotten more compliments on the color of my truck than I ever could;ve tought of with my Yellow Fever SRT10 !!!!

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Just another thought to confuse you !! My daughter has the '06 Go Mango on her Daytona,and it's awesome in my opinion !!!

:blob::blob::blob:

I like sliver but every car on the road it sliver so it wont stand out.And also I know silver fades out easy.

I think I am sold on theat burn orange my only worry is it being metallic.

You could also check out the '10 Mango Tango !!! I've gotten more compliments on the color of my truck than I ever could;ve tought of with my Yellow Fever SRT10 !!!!

Just another thought to confuse you !! My daughter has the '06 Go Mango on her Daytona,and it's awesome in my opinion !!!

:blob::blob::blob:

I like that color but there are to many challangers runing around here that color but the burn orange is close to the ram.

Orange is the new Silver...even the Wall Street Journal says so...

Why Are So Many Orange Cars On the Road?
http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2012/07/20/why-are-so-many-orange-cars-on-the-road/

And I believe the color is call Ash Pepper Grey?...a friend in high school had a 1974 Barracuda in this same color...

12663d1146540143-my-73-plymouth-duster-engine-pic.jpg

In the end it's your car...and you know what's right for you...and I bet you will do a really great job on your Duster...just get it painted so we can get to see some more pictures!

Paul

I like sliver but every car on the road it sliver so it wont stand out.And also I know silver fades out easy.

Orange is the new Silver...even the Wall Street Journal says so...

Why Are So Many Orange Cars On the Road?
http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2012/07/20/why-are-so-many-orange-cars-on-the-road/

And I believe the color is call Ash Pepper Grey?...a friend in high school had a 1974 Barracuda in this same color...

12663d1146540143-my-73-plymouth-duster-engine-pic.jpg

In the end it's your car...and you know what's right for you...and I bet you will do a really great job on your Duster...just get it painted so we can get to see some more pictures!

Paul

Ash pepper gray is the color of Eleanor 67 Shelby GT 500, from gone in 60 seconds (the nicholas cage version)

Not to rain on your cloud, I think you'll get the wrong kind of attention painting it some rediculious loud color, i.e. thieves, cops, jackasses. etc. Especially being young. You'll get profiled.

Not to mention its stereotypical, and overdone. Oh, look another plum crazy duster, woo-hoo... The burnt orange is a nice color though.

Its's a old school mopar, it stands out by that fact alone. Paint it something less a-holish. Keep the showing off to the timeslips at the track.

Just my 02 cents.

A color most dont see is that dark green the dusters came in. That has me rethinking my color. hmmm

I love silver and it is really popular but not on dusters. I mixed a custom high metalic silver to make my duster really pop and it goes great with black too! And that metalic orange looks great too! I think the metalic give it a very nice glow and really makes it pop in bright sun!

the orange not the purple you could always give it some effect or pearl etc to add to it your own touch.

NOT PURPLE! That color along with lime green have been WAY OVER DONE on mopars in my opinion. Think outside the box and go with something different. Burnt orange is great, Mazda has great orange color and so do the newer Fords. Just remember it's still YOUR car and you do what makes YOU happy, do not to follow the crowd. Also what ever color you choose don't Chebby up the engine compartment and paint it black, MOPARS had body colored engine bays. Good luck and post some pics when you get it done.

-
Back