Help me win this argument 400 in a 72.

-
Just put a 400 decal on the air cleaner of your small block, 90% of folk that see it won't know the difference, if someone pipes up just say "Mopar made a smaller big block, don't know why GM couldn't".....

Just remember, "winning the arguement" might not be the best decision for you. What I would do is put the arguement aside, look at your resources and your budget. Make you decision base on that and not the arguement.

i vote 400 ...

I know i have a 440 stuffed in a corner if i ever have to rebuild the 340 ... i will add the 100+ cubes. My dart is basically rebuilt to handle a big block. The only reason i am going 340 is because i have it rebuilt and did not have the 440 when i made the decision.

The small block 360 is like a 350 chevy in the hot rod world *yawns* Big block makes it a bit more interesting and unique.

i vote 400 ...

I know i have a 440 stuffed in a corner if i ever have to rebuild the 340 ... i will add the 100+ cubes. My dart is basically rebuilt to handle a big block. The only reason i am going 340 is because i have it rebuilt and did not have the 440 when i made the decision.

The small block 360 is like a 350 chevy in the hot rod world *yawns* Big block makes it a bit more interesting and unique.

Can't agree on that. If you want boring..350 all the way!

not as far behind as you think, at least I start with cubes, to build my horsepower. nothing like a bigblock for torque.

Cubes are great but I tend to build what I have laying about. When you are financially challenged, you do the best with what you have.

Cubes are great but I tend to build what I have laying about. When you are financially challenged, you do the best with what you have.

I agree with you, I was lucky,I started out in the late 70s when you could find any bigblock for cheap, mopar bodies too. those days are gone forever,
so we make do with what we have or can find.

I agree with you, I was lucky,I started out in the late 70s when you could find any bigblock for cheap, mopar bodies too. those days are gone forever,
so we make do with what we have or can find.

Agreed, I even remember in the late 90s when stuff was dirt cheap. Then something happened in about 2000 and the stuff got stupid overnight. Barret Jackson had something to do with that I think.

People have junk in their back yard and see a pristine one go for 100k. They think they are in for retirement prices...

I still find what I would consider to be a decent deal on the engines themselves when it comes to a rebuildable core, it's the parts to rebuild them that add up fast.

I think prices on mopars started going through the roof when you could start getting replacement and performance parts for them.

me i am a big block boy 383, 400, 426, 440 all are great motors stock to built, and to have one in an A-body that says something to me.

-
Back