Help me with my nuts

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
i took apart my front end on my 67 Dart, and I was not paying attention to my nuts. When I went to put it back together, I noticed one of my nuts was different from the other. They are obviously different for a reason, so can anyone tell me which sides they go on? But my real question is why are my nuts different?

IMG_2218.JPG

That's easy.
The 3 tower castle nut is factory original.
The 6 tower castle nut is what is used on any replacement tie rod end, upper, and lower ball joint.

I'm of no help here, but wanted to let you know that one of my nuts is different from the other, too. A little larger.

It's actually pretty normal, don't freak out.

Be well.

I'm of no help here, but wanted to let you know that one of my nuts is different from the other, too. A little larger.

It's actually pretty normal, don't freak out.

Be well.
Thanks. At lest mine stayed the same size. Whew. I just did not want them to switch sides. Just imagine. Would you know? Or would it be excruciatingly painful?

I'm thinking if you're married and need help with your nuts, it must be time to get a girlfriend.....

My fiance would even agree with that last one. Bonus is that she likes chicks too. Kinda funny cause when I see ahottie out the corner of my eye and I'm thinking should I look (will always be paranoid about get smacked by the missus) I'll look over and see the missus already checking her out lol

How old are you, and you are just now noticing that one nut is different than the other?

-
Back