Help me with vacuum lining, please...

-

Vaestertorp

Reaction score
So I have a rebuilt 225 but with some mix of years:

The carburator is a factory rebuilt Carter for a 66
The distributor is factory rebuilt for 66, with a vacuum line
The intake manifold, however, is for a later model with EGR, and also I am using the air filter housing from the later model
The EGR valve is new
(hell, its all new except some fuel line clamp...)

So now the engine is all set and started nicely. But before adjusting further, I am totally lost on how the set the thin vacuum lines.

As I can see, there are seven possible connecting points for vacuum lines:

- In the beginning of air intake (A)
- In the main body of the air filter, where there is some valve thing attached with two connections - one upward marked "/unreadable/" (B) or something, and one downward marked CARB (C)
- A small metal pipe in the carburetor body (D)
- A valve on the backend left side of carburator body (this valve is the way they usually look for distributor, however the hole in this connector here is very small) (E)
- The EGR valve (F)
- and finally, the distributor (G)

So, uneven numbers. I guess its E + G and C + D, or? The rest are connected how? Did I miss some place or should there be some threesome here?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• vacuum.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 170
Unless you need everything connected for emission reasons, You can forget hooking up most of those hoses. Attach a hose from the distributor vacuum advance to the small ported vacuum connection on the inboard side (closet to valve cover) of the carb that is not pictured in your photo. The only thing else you need to connect is "E" with "D" which should be manifold vacuum to run the choke pull-off diaphram. The ones on the air cleaner are worthless unless you want to get the pre-heat tube functional. If so, you need to get the pre-heat flex tube and the heat stove tin for around the exhaust manifold. You would then connect one nipple of the temp control valve (seen in the air cleaner opening by the filter element) to manifold vacuum on one end and the servo flap "A" on the snorkle to the other nipple.

-
Back