Help my 70’ Dodge Dart won’t turn on

-

Vandal

Reaction score
I bought a 70’ Dodge Dart yesterday and it was in good running condition and today I decided to do a tune up changed the oil changed spark plugs and while changing the spark plugs I thought “I’m changing the cables so why put them back in ?” Well I fucked up don’t know what cable goes where and I read that it goes 1-5-3-6-2-4 can anyone confirm that’s the sequence? It’s a slant 6. Also how can I find witch one is number 1

Yes 153624 is the correct order. If nothing has been changed from stock, number one should be at the 5 o'clock position on the cap. Very simple. Number one is at the front of the engine followed by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 going toward the rear. The distributor rotation is clockwise. SO, from the 5 o'clock position at number one, it's 1, 5, 3, 6, 2 and 4 going clockwise.

Yes 153624 is the correct order. If nothing has been changed from stock, number one should be at the 5 o'clock position on the cap. Very simple. Number one is at the front of the engine followed by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 going toward the rear. The distributor rotation is clockwise. SO, from the 5 o'clock position at number one, it's 1, 5, 3, 6, 2 and 4 going clockwise.
thank you im going to get on it in the morning

Just like Rusty explained

5515b3a6da945c76cc19a1f821820186.gif

And that's IF number one terminal on the cap is where the picture shows.
Best to set the motor at TDC on the compression stroke and verify which terminal on the cap the rotor is pointing at.

And that's IF number one terminal on the cap is where the picture shows.
Best to set the motor at TDC on the compression stroke and verify which terminal on the cap the rotor is pointing at.

Absolutely right, but I was trying to see if we could get lucky before we blew his mind. lol

Absolutely right, but I was trying to see if we could get lucky before we blew his mind. lol

And I was worried he would follow that picture exactly and it still wouldn't run.
Then he'd think we were all full of ****. :D

And I was worried he would follow that picture exactly and it still wouldn't run.
Then he'd think we were all full of ****. :D

It may not, but hopefully he'd report back instead of completely dismissin us old farts. lol

No guys I wouldn’t do that to you guys you’ve been helpful and welcomed me i to the group, I just started to put them on right now, let’s see if it works, because I also believe the distributor cap is bad, the wires don’t clip in and fall off with the lightest touch

No guys I wouldn’t do that to you guys you’ve been helpful and welcomed me i to the group, I just started to put them on right now, let’s see if it works, because I also believe the distributor cap is bad, the wires don’t clip in and fall off with the lightest touch

What wires?
If you mean the cap clips you can tweak those to be tighter.

The ignition wires that go into the cap they seem very loose

Spread the metal ends a little and tighten them up.
The rubber caps should also fit snug, so maybe get some for it.

I’m still young in the game, and this being my first classic I’m going to let someone with more experience do the job kinda sucks when you can’t do it yourself but I hope she’s running soon. Thank you guys for the help thoe I did get a lot of helpful information I appreciate that

-
Back