Help...Name That Part! '62 Lancer GT

-

Bea

Dodge Damsel
Reaction score
What is the true name for this panel part. This panel is located under the dash, it's like an insulated hardboard. (See top left of pic) Don't mean to seem like a 'tard...just new at this. I need to find the 3 replacement pieces for the 62 Lancer GT.

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to replace them...hook me up!

I have a Hollander Interchange Book...maybe I can use panels from a different car. ~ Thanks, Bea

Panel.jpg

Fire wall insulation pad. There are usually repops available, but for a 62 lancer I have no idea. I have found that these can usually be kind of gently be cleaned and reused if they are not all chewed up, or the paper is too deteriorated. The insulation can be re-glued to the the paper etc.

Fire wall insulation pad. There are usually repops available, but for a 62 lancer I have no idea. I have found that these can usually be kind of gently be cleaned and reused if they are not all chewed up, or the paper is too deteriorated. The insulation can be re-glued to the the paper etc.

Well, mine's not chewed up...it's gone! Deteriorated and falling apart...this is the only piece I have left. I did some searching last night and found the insulation padding and I "think" they may have a cover for it that I can use. Thanks for the reply and advice! Java time :coffee:

If your not doing a factory correct resto, I'd look into replacing it with new technology such as Hushmat, or dynamat...

Hollander won't help you — it doesn't deal with soft parts like this. The company to work with for a new reproduction is DMT. They make these for the later cars and have a very generous policy for adding to their product line: you supply an original (even a fairly ratty one that's basically intact), they use it as a pattern to make new, and if I recall correctly you get a free or reduced-cost new one.

See here for discussion of more comprehensive sound and heat insulation techniques.

-
Back