Help: Need An Engine Mount Part #

-

doc540

Reaction score
'61 Lancer, 225 Slant

Need a good part number for the PASSENGER side engine mount.

Would REALLY appreciate your help asap.

Original part number for the right-side mount in a '61 A-body with 225 engine is 2264 119, which is the same as the left mount in '62-'66 A-bodies with 170 or 225 engine. Don't get the compressed-cow-poo parts store garbage, go here instead ("Out of stock for now" -- write to him and I'm pretty sure he'll make for you).

He was helpful and sympathetic but would have to make a full run of them to make it worth his while.

It would be a while before he did that.

I need one pronto.

Thanks

H'mm. I wonder if I might still have a new set on shelf that I haven't got around to installing. I'll check and be back with you quicklike.

Thanks!
Here's a picture and the part number: 2203039
Could use the driver side, too.
2c51a9d1-87e2-41ba-a987-959d4b13db1b_zpsr8s3lcuh.jpg

Last edited:
Tilt! 2203 039 is the RH-side engine mount assembly for '60-'61 Valiant/Lancer with 170 engine. It's a vertical-shear design, one piece, without a separately replaceable rubber insulator block. The '62-'66 (plus '61 225) items with the replaceable rubber block are a different, 45°-shear design. There's no reason why the vertical-shear mounts won't hold up a 225 in a car like this (as has obvs been the case on your car for some time now) but it does mean the specified insulator block won't fit your car without the '61-225-A-body-only brackets, which would be very difficult to find.

So your way forward here would be to fetch a replacement '60-'61 Valiant/Lancer vertical-shear mount. These are extremely durable, robust mounts that last a long time and tend not to fail, considerably more durable than the 45°-shear type, but we're talking about 55 years' worth of service here; eventually they're gonna fail. You may well want to have a hard look at the driver-side item, too (if for no other reason than to see which type it is). The '60-'61 vertical-shear mounts are also a lot harder to come by and tend to be considerably more expensive—they were never serviced in the aftermarket; always dealer-only parts because there was no demand in the aftermarket because they tended not to break.

I may have a NOS replacement mount for you, want me to check?

Yes, thanks.
Even a decent used RH mount would suffice.
And let me know if you have a LH mount, too.

School me: this part number is also showing up on some vintage Mopar sites as a 1960-61 Rt side engine mount: 2121733
Same part, different number?
Thanks!

Minor difference in the durometer rating of the rubber, to address a resonance that was causing customer complaints in a small number of '60 Valiants with the 170 engine and 3.55:1 rear axle ratio. Fit/function interchange is 100%.

Now I'm thinking engine swap.

engine number location?

It isn't visible below the spark plug and behind the alternator.

On the front of the block behind the water pump/heater hoses?

thanks

-
Back